We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

Hello, I'm heading to Daytona beach very soon and I'm flying into Orlando.

I've been told I can take a shuttle bus from orlando to Daytona (I've got the website with the info/schedule) but what I need help with, is how I may get to my hotel from the bus station? I've been told to take a 17a or 17b, my hotel is on the South Shore, (called Daytona South Shores off the A1A).

What I'd like to know is whether the buses stop running at a certain time, and if so, what other transportation can I take to get to the South Shore? The shuttle bus doesn't continue on to the South shore at all does it? I'm hoping to catch the 3:30 shuttle to Daytona and if I make it, I'll have no problem catching the local bus. However, if I miss it, the next shuttle is not til almost 5pm, which means I may miss the last bus going to the south shores. I think I read somewhere the last bus is at 6:30 or so, is this possible? Do they actually stop local bus service there that early? Is there another alternative bus route from the main bus terminal (from N. Nova road). Any help or advice is much appreciated. Also if you've taken the shuttle from orlando, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thanks in advance,

The Roadtripper

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

You're probably best off taking a taxi.

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

Please refer to the map at votran.org

There are two main bus terminals.

The main transfer plaza is at nova by the intercostal.

The "intermodal transfer plaza" is a mile to the east across the intercostal and by the beach/oceanwalk.

After 6:30 go to the intermodal transfer plaza and you can ride the "A1A trolly/bus" which runs south every hour at 7,8,9,10,11:55 and 12:37

The A1A trolly is basically the 17 bus but it only runs during tourist season so it is listed as a seperate route.

You can get a schedules on any bus and also get a seperate trolly schedule.

The key is getting to the intermodal bus terminal, maybe they will drop you there.

Also, i would get a 24-hour bus pass for 3 dollars so you can explore, it is fun riding the trolly up the beach and seeing everything.

have fun

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

also, the 17a 17b and trolly all run to daytona shores up until dunlawton avenue. I think that is the 3000 block of south atlantic.

During the daytime, one of the 17 busses runs another 4-7 miles further south down to ponce inlet.

post if you have further questions

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

i was looking at the bus map and need to clairfy something for you and others.

The nighttime 17 bus runs year round but it leaves the intermodal transfer plaza after 630 and uses that schedule i posted above.

During tourist season, they usually use a trolly but it could also be a bus that says 17.

So you can get a southbound 17 bus up until 12:37 in case you want to go clubbing etc

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
927 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

FlaDude:

You are a wealth of information. Thanks so much. I have been going to Daytona for 8 years and have never ridden a bus. You have made me want to ride it now.

Thanks for your information and diligence in getting that out to others.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

Can you pass along the website for the bus from Orlando Beach to Daytona Beach ...thank you!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

meant to say "Orlando" not Orlando Beach...anyway, we normally rent a car from the aiport to get us up to Daytona Beach, but thought about looking into this shuttle bus schedule It may not work as we don't get into Orlando until 11:30pm and the shuttle bus service probably ends prior to that. We will only be in Daytona for one day and then off on a cruise out of Port Canaveral...and back to Daytona after the cruise.

usa
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

CORRECTION - the main bus transfer plaza in daytona is on ridgewood ave, not nova. That is one block over, hopefully people will look at the map.

I would search "orlando to daytona shuttle" ...i know there are several, one has been in business for like 20 years, and there is a new one i saw at dots.com i think. I would get a rental car if you arrive at 1130, i doubt they run that late...daytona is a small town.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

FlaDude...thanks for your help, we have decided to rent a car as I am sure there isn't any shuttle bus service that late.

10. Re: Shuttle from Orlando and local bus service help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach