We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to orlando

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
first visit to orlando

can anyone tell me if i should buy suncreams here or wait till we arrive there ,also park tickets before or after arrival thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to orlando

kathy, you've navigated to the Davenport forum whether on purpose or by mistake I don't know, but your questions would be better answered in the busy Orlando forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34515-i19-Orlando…

Sun tan lotion is readily available in the stores from let's say $6-12 a bottle depending on brand and size. All different factors and types are available.

Tickets are generally best purchased in advance for savings. The best tickets and best source really depends on your itinerary. You can get different sets of tickets which will give you the freedom to come and go. You can save money by buying the tickets that you need. For that, you need to make a rough itinerary of which parks and how many days.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to orlando

If you are going to have transportation then I'd buy the sunscreens when you arrive. You can get good prices at CVS, Walgreens, or WalMart. I usually buy a generic brand such as NoAd. Works as well as the expensive brands.

Check for ticket prices at www.undercovertourist.com. I highly recommend them and usually order from them in advance of our trip. There are other places you can order from but you can use them to get an idea of prices and what theme park tickets you may want to order.

(I check the Central Florida Forums ~ that's how I saw you "in" Davenport).

Edited: 4:01 pm, July 09, 2012
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to orlando

thanks thats great weve hied a mini van for two weeks 2 adults 4 teenagers

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to orlando

thanks so much for your help its all so much to sort blows my head ha ha

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to orlando

Yes, I check Central Florida too. It's just easier.

Anyway, kathy, yes, it's a lot to sort and does take some planning to get the most out of it.

The teenagers would probably enjoy the thrills at places like Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens, but any first trip should include Disney.

Like I said, I think it is best to sort which parks and how many days. Then look at the official (USA) sites for the official ticket options and prices. Then compare to discount sites so you know the discount you are getting. Discount sites can be confusing. Ones in the UK can offer tickets not available in the US (there are special tickets for Disney and Universal available and you should look at these too). Many also package tickets with their own cutesy name but are really selling you more than one ticket together. Others use buy x get 1 free, but that is really nothing more than marketing. It helps to know what the real tickets and real prices are before shopping for the best prices and combination of tickets.

The forum will help once you sort an itinerary.

6. Re: first visit to orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 11, 2013