We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Davenport villa management

slpmom07
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Davenport villa management

Has anyone had problems with this property management company?

52 replies to this topic
uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Davenport villa management

I haven't heard of them but there are a couple of not so good reviews on the web.If you explain what any problems were you had /have with them there may be some course of action you can take .

slpmom07
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Davenport villa management

We booked and confirmed, drove 9 hours to get there,kids all excited to have a pool and games room, then the lock code on house doesn't work . We call the emergency number, goes to voicemail,leave messages, no reply. Now it is dark,we are exhausted, the whole city and surrounding areas are booked for spring break. It takes until midnight sitting in a McDonalds for their wifi, to find a place at more than twice the price. Oh, I forgot, we called the actual houses phone number and they tell us it is their house for the week and we are disturbing them by calling (called early evening). The next day we get ahold of them and they say there is nothing they can do and they did not charge our card. No explanation,no compensation. It was very difficult financially and there are things we had to cancel doing with the kids because we couldnt afford to. We get one vacation a year.

Mentioned in this post
Mcdonalds
Mcdonalds
14 Reviews
Davenport, FL
uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Davenport villa management

I am sorry your trip was ruined -did you not notice your card had not been charged for the trip before you left ?Even so that does not explainb how you had the house phon number and entry code -so DVR must have had your details on record somewhere.

The address for DVR 2900 Tuscan Hills is I believe the clubhouse as opposed to an office.I would put a complaint in to the Better Business Bureau of Orlando about them and also put your experience in writing to the home owner -you will find their residential address on the Polk County property appraisers site.Message me if you need help find ing it.

This is not good business practice and I hope you still managed to have a nice vacation -maybe next trip you will look at booking direct with an owner not a company who have not go the personal touch.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Davenport villa management

The number in THB is 200 not 2900 typo bbb website is here if you want it

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida

slpmom07
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Davenport villa management

Thanks - those are good suggestions. They had our card on file and I spoke to someone personally two times on the phone before coming down. I did notice that they had not charged and when I asked, the girl said they would charge upon check-in. I even asked them two days before to put on the pool heat and they said OK - we were definitely in their system. We even got an automated survey in our email about wanting us to give feedback about our stay!! I will take your advice, thanks!

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Davenport villa management

Please let us know how you get on -as a vacation home owner in the area I get really cross when things like this happen to bring the business into disrepute.

Dudley, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Davenport villa management

hi yes , my partner and i entrusted DVM to manage our villa. BIG MISTAKE !!!!! they always found a way to make our statement in debt, however looking at our bookings , this was not true. Flew out to see them from uk and confronted what can only be described as a conceited,arrogant,man. He denied the bookings and although i got one guest to phone him with his confirmation details from DVM he wouldnt admit till put under pressure that he had taken the card transaction. Even better, we sacked him and he promised to refund us the booking fee minus the utilities he claimed they had paid .

What a suprise then to receive collection agency letters for unpaid utilities and our water was cut off as well .

This company is unreliable, non-responcive, and definately not trustworthy.and fronted by a man that compliments the service DVM supply Should they read this and want to challenge anything ive said then bring it on !!!!!!!!

norfolk england
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Davenport villa management

I could not agree more total waste of time not even sure Jason is a person we have been in a villa for 11 days he has not responded once to our voice mails this company has ruined our holiday do not use this company day one we arrived the villa was not clean we had to change sheets our sheets they had blood on sheets pubic hair in bed the appartment had not been cleaned the pool has not been heated since we arrived it had worms in it when we arrived the company is not worth a toss x

norfolk england
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Davenport villa management

I could not agree more total waste of time not even sure Jason is a person we have been in a villa for 11 days he has not responded once to our voice mails this company has ruined our holiday do not use this company day one we arrived the villa was not clean we had to change sheets our sheets they had blood on sheets pubic hair in bed the appartment had not been cleaned the pool has not been heated since we arrived it had worms in it when we arrived the company is a total waste of time

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Davenport villa management

Sorry to hear from those whose vacations were ruined. These experiences harm our whole community. I too have had an unfortunate exprience with this company. I hired them on in June 2012 to manage a property I bought in Tuscan Hills. I had to let them go a few months later. Numerous issues. They were and continue to be non-responsive. Statements they supplied were out right incorrect. They have an office in the club house which they seem to close and lock down when convenient to them. I could go on and will provide additional observations to anyone who responds to this post.

Reply to: Davenport villa management
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted