We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling soon and need suggestions!

Troy, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling soon and need suggestions!

Over the last two years I've had a few surgeries making me miss a lot of my teenage daughters' events. I am taking them on vacation in 2 weeks to make it up to them. We are going to Davenport/Orlando Florida.. and I need ideas of things to do. I tried to look online and didnt care at all about price and tried to pick a hotel that would keep them entertained, now that I am reading reviews I am getting a little scared that they are going to we disappointed. I obviously can not go on rollar coasters but I will be up for making the most of this trip. anyone know anything teenagers would enjoy, they are 14 & 15... they told me they would be happy to lay around the pool and get a tan, and I looked into disney parks but they thought they were all too young? just wana make it as perfect as possible?? thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,975 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling soon and need suggestions!

First of all, why davenport? there are no hotels there. You need to ask this on the Orlando forum if looking for a hotel. Davenport isfull of residential communities and some will be places where you can rent a private pool home but not terribly near the parks and you would need a car.

Second, rides. Why can you 'obviously not' go on coasters? You haven't said what you are limited by. Rides are not all coasters, and many are suitable for a person with health issues and disabilities. There will be plenty of rides and shows you can go to/on with your daughters.

Third, which parks. Just disney, or Universal too? Will you have a car or not? This will help us help you choose a hotel or a condo hotel. How many days? What budget per night? What time of year? This is especiually important if you have helath issues as summers are brutal.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling soon and need suggestions!

My teens are 15, 17,18 and baby 11 (not quite a teen) They arn't interested in doing the parks at all. We are staying in a villa with a private pool and games room. They said they would rather hang around the pool, do day trips to each coast, order pizza, go to malls, outlets and flea markets. Soooooooo, That's exactly what we'll do. I let them plan it as they wanted it. Great for me as I saw the theme parks years ago and really didn't care either way.

Hope you and your daughters have a great vacation and make up for lots of lost time.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling soon and need suggestions!

When i took my teenaged son, he LOVED it...all of it, MK, Epcot, HS. Its funt o be a kid again and act silly and wear mouse ears...they might be surprised how fun it really is. If they are still concerned they are too old, Universal is fun for older kids. The outlet malls are fun, and I enjoy the flea markets. Maybe try a water park...I've never been to them, but i hear they're awesome. Millena Mall is fun just to wander around in as it is a high end mall with stores like Gucci and the likes....I liked to window shop and dream lol. Im sure whatever you decide will be good, they'll just be happy to be with you :)

4. Re: Traveling soon and need suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 28, 2012