We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

London, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

Going to Florida once again 12 Sept for one month. Does anyone know of places to visit other than the theme parks, done all that . We visited Plant City Pig Jam, looking for something similar, typically other American activities such as a Rodeo, garden, animal farms, farmers market etc. etc.

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

there is a excellent public park called Cypress Grove Park not far from I4

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

Do you mean Cypress Gardens ?Cypress Grove is north of the area nearer to Mall of Millenia

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

I don't know if you can find this book over there, but if you can't you will have to wait till you get here. One Tank Trips by Bill Murphy is all about exploring little known interesting places in Florida. He actually has three books in the series.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

Go into Ticketmaster.com and put greater Tampa for a search then you wil find rodeos. Then do Orlando you will get lots.

The State Parks are good and in September Crystal River for Manatee.

There is an animal sanctuary in Polk where the exotic animals taken from drug dealers are kept. I cannot find the address but it is worth a visit.

Bok Sanctuary is worth a day out, really nice gardens.

The area around Winter Haven has some great lakes.

This is a good link -

http://www.floridaview.com/

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

Hi Smithy53,no i do mean cyress grove park its a beautiful park where you can chill out and have a barbie,a walk and there's a great play area for the kids.Best of all its free to get in

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to Vist in Florida - Other than Theme Parks

Tuscan I know it but its not really in the Davenport area as the OP was asking about thats why I queried it thats all.I agree its a lovely place