We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crystal river manatee tours

5 posts
Save Topic
crystal river manatee tours

I have done research on swimming with the manatees and it seems that the Crystal river is the best place for the experience. What tour guide and company would u choose? Also where is the best place or places to stay? Thank all of you for your help.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,686 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crystal river manatee tours

It may not be the best but it is the only place you can legally do this.

Pretty much all the tours are the same, none stand out IMHO.

If I was going to stay in the area I would probably stay up the road a bit at the Homosassa Riverside Resort. Probably a 15 minute or so drive from Crystal River.

Siesta Key, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: crystal river manatee tours

Absolutely inaccurate review. All tour companies are not the same. For example some tour companies have large boats and carry 15-20 passengers while other tour operators ONLY carry 6 person max, which makes the encoutor much more pesonal and privet. They promote conservation and education of the Manatee. Check the tour operators testimonial from past passengers and make the comparison before you book your tour.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
453 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crystal river manatee tours

I agree with Conchy. Not all operators are the same. There are a number of really wonderful tour offered and some which aren't as wonderful for one reason or another. We used River Ventures and really enjoyed our experience. Check out the opinions of others here on TA for manatee tours offered and make a decision based upon what works best for you.

Crystal River...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: crystal river manatee tours

I recommend Native vacations they are excellent in customer service with professional Captains and guides. They only take 6 people or less which makes for a much more pleasant trip.

5. Re: crystal river manatee tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, February 13, 2014