We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

Which Crystal River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

I'm driving from Crystal River to Port Orange and Google maps gives a route via Orlando. This seems to me as not the best way to go.

There is a more direct route which looks like the scenery might be better too. Any advice from anyone?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

Not too much in the way of a scenic drive between Crystal River and Port Orange...sorry!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

That's odd that Google maps directs you via Orlando. Microsoft's Streets & Trips sends you via route 200 to Ocala then route 40 all the way to I-95, then south on I-95 to Port Orange. The drive on route 40 through the Ocala National Forest should be very soothing.

Hwy 44 all the way across via Lecanto, Leesburg, Eustis and deLand should also be a pleasant drive.

Not much difference in the distance - 117 miles via hwy 40 and 114 miles via hwy 44.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

I agree with the above post ...Ocala is beautiful horse country much like Louisville and Lexington Kentucky. Orlando is, at times, a zoo and certainly not scenic.

4. Re: Best route from Crystal River to Port Orange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, October 09, 2009