We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

How far is Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and downtown

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
316 posts
40 reviews
How far is Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and downtown

I am trying to ascertain how far these three areas are to each other. The reason being that some hotels will have coral gables / downtown, or coconut grove/ coral gables. Are these areas theh same

Also which of these areas is the best

Miami
1 post
1. Re: How far is Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and downtown

Jessica,

Parrot Jungle is closest to downtown, while coconut Grove is about 15 minutes away. All are readily accessible by car, with minimal drive time. HOWEVER, some areas of downtown, and coconut grove are not the safest. I would look for a hotel, mased more on area/price.

Coral Gables is a safe as any place I can think of, but very expensive. you can find hotels further south, much cheaper, but more drive.

The sections along I-95 along the cooridor of the expressway are very unsafe, and should be avoided at all costs.

email me with any questions. miamicowboy69 at hotmail

2. Re: How far is Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 13, 2009