We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Cocoa Beach in March

Weston, WI
Level Contributor
561 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Cocoa Beach in March

I'm hoping someone can ease my mind... We are traveling with two young children (will be 4 and 7 at time of travel) and my dad and his wife. Our first plan was to stay in Daytona Beach for 4 nights but after posting this on the Daytona Beach forum I soon found out that wasn't the right spot to be during spring break with children. I canceled that reservation and made one at the Holiday Inn right on Cocoa Beach. Heard it was a kid friendly place with nice pool area for them. Could someone tell me if it gets "wild" on Cocoa Beach during spring break? We will be there March 21 until March 25 and then heading to Disney for a week. My husband and I have been to Florida many times (all during spring break) and visited Cocoa Beach for day trips and really enjoyed it. We haven't been there for 10 years now. Is this a good choice with children? My son is very into anything to do with outerspace so we thought Cape Canaveral would be good. Any other suggestions for things to do and places to eat? Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
3,196 Reviews
Cocoa Beach, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral
Brevard County, FL
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Cocoa Beach in March

You made the right choice switching from Daytona Beach to Cocoa Beach. Not that Cocoa Beach isn't a happening place during spring break (it is), but I think that things are more tame. Cocoa Beach is popular for spring break, there will be lots of people around, but things don't get out of control.

You'll have a great time here.

Mentioned in this post
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
3,196 Reviews
Cocoa Beach, FL
Weston, WI
Level Contributor
561 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Cocoa Beach in March

That makes me feel much better about our trip. I don't mind crowds at all. It seems like spring break is the only time we've ever been to Florida and it's always very crowded. We spent a week at Clearwater Beach during spring break and it was very busy but never real wild and out of control. I was just worried about my kids being exposed to drunken out of control craziness.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
9,973 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
3. Re: Trip to Cocoa Beach in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 19, 2009