We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family seafood restaurant

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Family seafood restaurant

I've searched, and reviews are so mixed about different restaurants in Cocoa Beach. My brother & his wife are headed into town for a visit and we're going to KSC this Sunday. We may head down to Cocoa Beach for a couple of hours in the sand after our touring, and I'm trying to find a good seafood place that won't break the bank and has a decent kids menu. I cannot believe all the seafood restaurants that don't even serve fish or shrimp on their kids menus!

I've been to Florida's Seafood on the 520 causeway, and loved the rock shrimp, but it's not in season right now. I know my family would probably rather sit outside, and we've been to both Coconuts on the Beach (about 5 years ago!) and to Sunset Waterfront Grill, also on the 520 causeway, with mixed results. Is anyone on here a regular customer at any of these restaurants, or someplace similar, who can give me a suggestion? Thank you!

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family seafood restaurant

Fish Lips and Milliken's both have brunch menus on Sunday. I am rather fond of the shimp and grits at Fish Lips for brunch. I have had a crab cake benedict of Milliken's that was very good too.

I don't think any of the places in the Port are that expensive. Milliken's might be higher than some of the others though.

If it is still not exactly beach weather like last weekend, look at Coconuts too. I'm not sure about the kids menu, but the big fish rueben sandwich I had this last weekend was good and only $11. The server was very nice too.

If the weather is nicer, it may be a bit on the crowded side though.

When I had gone there a long time ago, it was mostly younger people raising hell there, It didn't seem to be that way last weekend.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family seafood restaurant

Can't help with info on the kids menu but there are several waterfront restaurants at the port. We like Grills and Baja Tavern. Some people like Rusty's. I'm just not one of them. Mulligans is popular but more expensive than other places.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family seafood restaurant

Your best bet is at the port -- the restaurants mentioned above are all on Glen Cheek Drive. If you are on one of the outside decks between 4-5 p.m., the kids will be able to see some big cruise ships sailing by so close that you can wave to the passengers. Typically, the Disney Dream, Carnival Sensation, and RCL Freedom of the Seas will sail on Sundays around that time.

We just ate at Rusty's tonight and watched the Disney Magic and RCL Enchantment of the Seas sail out. We didn't have any children with us, so we didn't see that menu. There's often live entertainment at some of these places on Sundays.

Some of the restaurants mentioned above by others have websites that show menus.

Edited: 7:20 pm, January 27, 2014
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family seafood restaurant

I prefer Jazzy's Mainely Lobster to any of the places mentioned. It's not as touristy as any of the places and the food is much better. Kids are welcomed.

http://jazzysmainelylobster.com/

5. Re: Family seafood restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, February 01, 2015