We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Point

Which Cocoa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
riyadh
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Pelican Point

I was married in Cocoa Beach in 1986.

Stayed at Pelican Point owned by Mike and Nita.

Trying to find if it is still there, new name?

Was right on the beach, 2 floors, 1-bed units with kithenette.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelican Point

I've been going to Cocoa Beach since 1973, and the only Pelican Point I can remember is the restaurant in South Cocoa Beach, where Orlando Avenue (A1A southbound) merges into Atlantic Avenue (northbound). The restaurant is still there, but it is called the Lobster Shanty now.

There is a small motel called something like Pelican Resort, also in south Cocoa Beach, right on the water. As I recall, it is a two story building with about six units per floor, perpendicular to the beach. I looked on the TA ratings for it, and found something listed under "Pelican Landing", just about where I remembered it (at South 12th Street and Atlantic Avenue, but the photo shown is of a completely different hotel, Cocoa Beach Suites, so don't go by that). That would be my best guess as to where you may have stayed, and it is still there.

If that's not the place, I would say it's gone, as many of the older motels have been replaced with new condominium buildings.

riyadh
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelican Point

Thank you :)

I think Pelican Landing is correct.

Oak Forest, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelican Point

So is that Lobster Shanty still the original building as when the Pelicans Point restaurant was there ? Or is that a new building ?

Oak Forest, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelican Point

So is that Lobster Shanty still the original building as when the Pelicans Point restaurant was there ? Or is that a new building ?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelican Point

I was first at the restaurant in the mid or late 1970's, and I think it is still the building that was there then, although there may have been additions.

Edited: 12:43 am, March 28, 2014
Oak Forest, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pelican Point

I was there mid 70's, remember location as more remote at that time, and fish tanks everywhere in the seating area, some built in the walls..... very popular back then, remember waiting in line outside the building to get in. Only thing that looked familiar on my return trip last year was the parking in front.

7. Re: Pelican Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cocoa Beach