We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocoa Beach July 4th

texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Cocoa Beach July 4th

my sister, couisn and I are going to Cocoa Beach the week of July 4th but I cant find anything on the web about any activities or fireworks. Does anyone have any info on this as well as the "not to be missed" in Cocoa Beach for out trip?

sergrandma

Dallas
Level Contributor
292 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

Bump...my husband and I are also visiting from Texas and would like answers to the same questions. We will be visiting my sister who lives in Leesburg (just moved there), however we are planning a 4 day visit to Cocoa Beach for the 4th. Good seafood places to eat, must see, etc. Your help is appreciated.

Kentucky
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

My boyfriend and I rode a motorcycle to Cocoa Beach from Kentucky on July 4th several years ago and arrived around dusk. There were fireworks EVERY WHERE along our ride in. I am sure you will be able to find something. I think Ron Jon's has something on the beach every year also. Good luck! We are headed there the 14th!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

When I was at Cocoa Beach in 04' they had a 4th celebration off the Pier .. I missed it cause we were heading home, but they were advertising it. I am sure it's something that is done annually.

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

me again. since the original post i have found out that Ron Jon's does an annual fireworks show. Really looking forward to the trip! We leave next saturday just how we can arrive in enough time for the shuttle .....

Cocoa Beach, Fl
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

From Ronjons.com:

RON JON SURF SHOP TO CELEBRATE JULY FOURTH WITH FIREWORKS

COCOA BEACH, FLORIDA

July 4th 2006, 9pm

Ron Jon Surf Shop will shower the night sky during this year’s Fourth of July Celebration in Cocoa Beach, Fla. with one of the largest fireworks displays on Florida’s East Coast. This year’s pyrotechnics extravaganza will begin at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 4.

“Ron Jon’s Fourth of July fireworks show is a tradition that we’re proud to uphold year after year,” said Heather Lewis, marketing director for Ron Jon Surf Shop. “The massive fireworks display will illuminate the night sky for everyone to enjoy from Cocoa Beach to Cape Canaveral.”

Fireworks will be launched from a barge anchored offshore from Shepard Park, located at the east end of the Cocoa Beach Causeway (behind Ron Jon Surf Shop), and are sponsored in part by the Space Coast Office of Tourism, Central Florida News 13, Florida Today, Real Rock 101one WJRR-FM and Gray Robinson Attorneys at Law.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

To all of you the Ron Jons show is the best. As for things to do, Port Canaveral is 10 minutes away and has several bars and resturants right on the water. Thursday and Sunday at around 5pm you can see the cruise ships leaving port from very close.

If you have time a half day at the space center is wonderful. Dont forget for anyone who can see it the shuttle is scheduled to go up 7/1 at 3:48pm.

Enjoy the space coast.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

I know this is a little late, but I am wondering if sergrandma got to see the Shuttle launch. I think that'd be much better than any fireworks display!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

Zeebo. I cant speak for Grandma but I was on a boat in the Banana River as close as you are allowed to go. The launch was awesome. If you send me an e mail I will send you some great pictures.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocoa Beach July 4th

Great, how do I send you an e-mail?

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply