We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing - Recommendations/Experiences please

London
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing - Recommendations/Experiences please

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend/know of a good deep sea fishing company please?

The criteria are that is must be reasonably close to International Drive where we are planning to stay and they MUST do shared charters (but a maximum of 6 people) as it is only my husband who will be fishing.

If it is near somewhere that has either a) a nice beach b) some good shopping (so that I can drive him there and then entertain myself while he is fishing) then that would be a bonus!

There are so many on the internet I think we would rather use one that somebody has recommended.

Many thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Recommendations/Experiences please

The closest beach and port to Orlando would be Cape Canaveral, which is adjacent to Cocoa Beach. It's about 45 minutes from the Orlando airport area and about an hour from Disney's main gates via the Beachline Expressway.

The shopping in Cocoa Beach is fairly routine, with a typical mall. There are some little boutique shops at Cocoa Village, and a lifestyle shopping center at Viera.

It's been years since I was out, and was not on a private charter, but shared with other passengers. That boat was the Miss Cape Canaveral. Beyond that, I'm really not qualified to recommend.

Maybe someone else will see this and respond, but you should also look at the Cape Canaveral forum.

Edited: 11:22 pm, March 25, 2013
London
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Recommendations/Experiences please

Many thanks for the helpful reply!

3. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Recommendations/Experiences please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 28, 2014