We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cocoa beach 2013

Warren, Michigan
12 posts
Save Topic
cocoa beach 2013

Planning a trip to Cocoa Beach in February 2013. Coming from Detroit during that time will be a welcome relief from our winters here. What is the weather like there in February.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cocoa beach 2013

I think in February I would go further south

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cocoa beach 2013

Well, this past winter was very nice in CB, but it was unusually warm. Normally, January is the coldest month, with highs in the low seventies, and in February the typical high is around 73-74, with a low of 53-55. That is very pleasant, and is fine for sunbathing or a heated pool, but if you plan to go into the ocean, the water temperature might be chilly -- the tourists do go in, but the residents don't.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,364 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cocoa beach 2013

I agree if you want warmer waters you will need to go further south to at least Palm Beach or Ft.Lauderdale or on the gulf coast Ft. Meyers, Siesta key areas. Depending on if you want surf. For surf you will want the Atlantic side. As photo said last winter was really great. Only a couple days did we even dip into the 30's & 40's. Most were very nice days. However some years February can be pretty cold. No way to predict.

4. Re: cocoa beach 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 08, 2013