We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it worth the trip????

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
is it worth the trip????

off to orlando(again!!) in october.... is coco beach worth a visit??

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it worth the trip????

It's the nearest beach to Orlando. It has good sands, a pier, the ORIGINAL Ron-Jon outlet, shops and cafes. The sea is a couple of degrees cooler than the Gulf of Mexico, greyer and rougher. If you fancy a day at the beach, it's OK.

Sandwich
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: is it worth the trip????

It's quiet..not like Daytona...if you like privacy this is for you!

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is it worth the trip????

We find that it can be quite treacherous where small children are concerned. Very steep shelving beach, and when you enter the water, the combination of steep entry, quite rough waves and quite a strong current, can leave you struggling to keep your feet. It was so bad that my Husband said it would be quite a while before we go back. We had our grandchildren with us [ 3, 5, 8yrs] and as a poor swimmer he was not confident enough to go into the water with any of the kids-this was left up to me, and i would only go with one at a time. We do really like Cocoa Beach, it's just that i really would think twice if there are small children going. We also like Ron Jons, but i think there is to be one on I Drive, hope so , Husband loves the polo shirts etc.

We tend to go mainly to Clearwater or St Pete's beaches, they are gentle, spacious, clean and never crowded. The kids can make a path for themselves and wander in and out of the surf collecting water in their buckets while we sit and watch [ couldn't at Cocoa ] I, and my Husband can take it in turns to take all three at once into the sea to fool about, knowing that they will be able to stay in whatever depth they are happy in, without having to grab them constantly

Hope this is of some use to you.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,129 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it worth the trip????

I seem to remember seeing warnings for Manowar Jellyfish in the sea and on the beach when I went to Cocoa Beach in October so I would check that out. I it is the case then it's not the place to let the kids play on the beach at that time of year. Ouch!!