We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly, Snooze & Cruise

Which Cocoa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connellys Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fly, Snooze & Cruise

Please tell me about your experience with the Fly, Snooze & Cruise package at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach!

I just booked this package for my family of 3 for our September Cruise.

Thanks,

Amanda

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

You may not have many who have used the package see your post, so I'll try to give you some information. I haven't used the package either, but did stay at the CB Hampton Inn the night before going out on a Disney cruise a while back.

A number of the hotels in the CB/Cape Canaveral area offer cruise packages, most often bundling room, parking and port shuttle. I don't think I've seen the airport shuttle bundled in before. Travelynx is a reputable shuttle operator.

The relative value can be compared to the cost of its individual components: the airport shuttle typically costs from $32-50 per person each way, but many people instead rent a car each way if more than a couple of people are traveling; a taxi from the hotel to the port is about $8-15 each way, depending on which hotel you use; indoor parking at the port is $15 per day, although some outdoor private lots charge less than half that; and rooms in the area start at about $90 per night, but can be higher at some places and during peak times.

We had a room on the west end of the top floor. It was a slightly larger "family" room and had two beds and a sleeper, so we had 5 in the room, and probably could have fit 6 in. The Hampton Inn was nothing special, but it was clean. The room had a balcony with a view of the ocean, but the view wouldn't be very good from the lower floors because of vegetation, etc. There is a small pool, and the beach is a 2-minute walk through the thriving dune vegetation.

It's not a deluxe resort atmosphere, but given that you are just staying there for a night, it would be very adequate. I think that it makes more sense to stay near the port the night before the cruise, as all of these hotels are within 5-15 minutes of the cruise terminals, the room rates seem to be a bit cheaper than the hotels near the airport, and there's a number of restaurants and shops around. The famous Ron Jon Surf Shop has a huge selection of casual wear, and another large surf shop is next store to Ron Jon. There's a 24-our Wal-Mart and a mall (Macy's, Dillard's, Penny's, and Sears) just 10 minutes away, and both a CVS and Walgreens within walking distance, in case you need some last-minute items.

Finally, there's a couple of pack & ship places nearby -- we sent some of our stuff from our previous stop home so we wouldn't have to carry it on the cruise.

Have a great time!

Edited: 6:19 pm, June 24, 2011
Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

luvmiami ~

I would luv to hear how this package went for you as I have booked this same package for my husband and I for the Spring. I am interested in knowing if the shuttle at the airport was there on time or did you wait a long time before you were taken to your hotel?? Would love any opinions about this package.

Thank you!

Connellys Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

This package was perfect for us (2 adults and a 4 year old)!!

When we picked up our luggage at the Airport I called the 1-800 # and they told us where to go, and we only waited about 5 mintues before the shuttle showed up!

Then the morning of the Cruise, was a breeze also, we waited in the dinning room area of the hotel and when our # was called we went to a large bus and we were off! I was worried about after the Cruise, but when we went outfront of the Port the guy for Travel Lynx had our name on the list and we waited just a short time (less that 15min) and we were on our way to the Airport!!

It was a package I would book again in a heartbeat! No messing with rental cars just sit back and let someone else do the driving!!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

Thank you very much for this information. I had read a few posts saying different groups had waited nearly 2 hours for Travelynx to pick them up at the airport and that just wasn't going to work for us.

But, I'm with you... NO WAY are we renting a car to use for just one hour...

We are booking a family cruise so we may have my sister and brother-in-law (who are driving in from NC) pick us up at the airport or, oddly enough, I've found a private limo service that is cheaper than the shuttles!!

Thank you again, btw! I definitely think we are staying with the Hampton Inn!!

Northwood, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

I just used the Fly, snooze and cruise package with Courtyard Cocoa Beach, and it was wonderful! The shuttle picked us up at the airport in less than 10 min. Driver very friendly. The hotel was wonderful. Very friendly staff, and very clean rooms. Shuttle to the pier next morning went without a hitch. After the cruise went very smooth as well. Checked in with Travelynx at the pier, bus arriver soon, and we were off to the airport. Worked out great for us, much better then renting a car. Would do it again.

Chillicothe, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

Can I ask what airport you flew in to, and what was the costs of the shuttle. We are planning a cruise in November from Port Canaveral, and when I put in for airfare, it pulled up Melbourne, Fl. as the airport.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

Melbourne is in the same county (Brevard) as the port, but is really not much closer than Orlando International (MCO), has only a small fraction of the flights and destinations as Orlando, and will usually be more costly.

Check out fares to MCO, which is about a 45-minute drive from the port. On the airport's website, there is a list of shuttle services under ground transportation, or you can rent a car.

A good price for the Orlando - Port Canaveral shuttle is in the range of $30-35 per person each way.

Edited: 11:44 pm, July 28, 2012
Connellys Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

We also flew into Orlando (MCO) but our Transfers were included with our package at the Hampton Inn, so I am not sure how much they would have cost seperate!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
574 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

I am looking into booking this package as well, also with Hampton. Can you tell me if the shuttle (from/to airport) is private?

Thank you

Connellys Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fly, Snooze & Cruise

I think the Shuttle was a Private Company called Travel Lynx. Our family of three were on a Shuttle Van with 2 other Couples. It was a comfortable ride!