We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marlin apts

N.IRELAND
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
marlin apts

can anyone tell me about these apts please. i have booked to stay here for one week beginning of june but cant find any reviews about them.are they ok? is the area safe at night? i liked the fact they are situated right on the beach but getting nervous as nobody can tell me anything about them.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marlin apts

Never stayed there but the area is safe generally speaking. Cocoa Beach is a great place, have fun !!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marlin apts

These units are at the east end of Tulip Avenue, right at the beach, nestled in between the International Palms Resort to the north and a large condo building to the south. They are somewhat, "out of sight, out of mind", to most tourists and residents at Cocoa Beach, because they are away from the traffic.

Several years ago, when the International Palms was a Holiday Inn, my family stayed in a beachside loft room at that hotel, just a few steps north of the Marlin. As I recall, it almost seemed like the Marlin units were a self-catering part of the hotel, as people seemed to walk freely back and forth, although I don't know of any official affiliation to the hotel. I was never inside any of the Marlin units.

I don't remember seeing a pool, which is something you might ask about. There is a large terrace overlooking the ocean.

I would ascertain the exact location of the unit you will be occupying, because most of the units would not have a direct ocean view (most views would be of the street, parking lot or other buildings). They would, however, be very convenient to the beach.

The area around the Marlin is safe, and is mostly occupied by hotels and condo buildings. The east end of Tulip Avenue is far enough away from A1A, the main north-south highway, that road noise won't be a factor. There are restaurants and shops within walking distance, as it is a central location.

Via the Beachline Expressway, SR528, Orlando International Airport is about 45-50 minutes away, and Disney is about 60-70 minutes.

We went to Cocoa Beach as a vacation destination for many years, and eventually purchased our own vacation condo at the north end of the city, so - like Downtown42 - we are sold on the area.

Edited: 7:22 am, April 27, 2011
N.IRELAND
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marlin apts

thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. we have in fact booked an oceanview apt on the 2nd floor.i saw these apts when we went to cocoa beach for the day and thought they were in a great location for the beach. this year we are spending two weeks in kissimmee in a villa and then going to the beach for one week of relaxation. i am so looking forward to it as i loved the beach there and would love to wander round the area. thanks again xx

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marlin apts

Have a great trip!

colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marlin apts

I know this is too late for the original question, but thought I'd let others know the Marlin is very nice. We stayed at Int'l Palms last year and this year we're in the Marlin. I get the impression the units may vary quite a bit, as they are privately owned, but our unit is nice, spacious, and clean. The property manager is very friendly and helpful. Based off our first couple days here, I'd definitely recommend the Marlin. Great beach access, but no pool.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marlin apts

I really appreciate your comments on the Marlin as the previous post was all I read and I have booked the front oceanview ground floor for our upcoming break in March. I was very happy with the rate and friendliness of the woman I spoke with. I would appreciate asking you a few more questions if possible. If you would prefer you can contact me directly at kweinhold@hpedsb.on.ca. Thanks.

7. Re: marlin apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 pm, June 21, 2013