We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Billie Swamp Safari

Which Clewiston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Billie Swamp Safari

Two adult sisters out for adventure. Has anyone taken the overnight package at Billie Swamp Safari? How late does it go? And can anyone tell me about staying in the "chickee huts"? Or should we stay at the cabins at the RV park? Doesn't look like there's too many options close to the park to stay. Thanks.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Billie Swamp Safari

The reviews in the Billie Swamp Safari link in your message might have your answer.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Billie Swamp Safari

I spent a night here with my 16 you son. The chickee huts are small rooms with a thached roof and screened windows (with curtains). No electricity, no water. It's a bit of a hike to the bathoom (5 min walk? longer than I was interested in after midnight) There is a dorm chickee that looked a little newer and was closer to the main area. No cooking or anything at the chikees - you have to go to the restaurant.

If you are used to tent camping, this may be a step up. If you had kids I would say go for it. But you may want to check out those cabins at the RV park.

The night swamp buggy was my fav part of the trip. I don't remember when the buggy was done - could have been 10. It had to be very dark for this. A little odd in that the animals aren't native but you are out there looking, looking for eyes reflecting the spot light.

Be sure to go to the Ah-Ta- Thiki museum - you'll pass it on the way to the safari. Avoid the tour guide (unless you really like tour guides) as it is well marked and you can move thru fairly quickly. Nice intro to the culture.

3. Re: Billie Swamp Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Clewiston
More Clewiston Topics