We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clermont help required by new zealanders

Taihape
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Clermont help required by new zealanders

Hi we will be staying at Summer Bay resort at Clermont in January 2015. We will not have a car but are ok with catching taxis and buses. Can someone please tell me if taxis are available from Summer Bay to Walmart and an approx. cost and also will we be able to get into Clermont by taxi ? We also would need to catch a bus from MCO to Clermont close to Summer Bay any suggestions? Our next destination is Daytona Beach any help with this would be appreciated. Please don't say hire car as that really is not an option for us. Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give we really appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Clermont
Clermont
Lake County, FL
SeaWorld® Orlando Ticket
67 Reviews
from $91.99*
Special Offer
Aquatica Orlando
10 Reviews
from $56.99*
$63.89
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

You can get to anywhere by taxi ... it will just cost a small fortune.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

Are you staying at Summer Bay Resort Clermont, Florida?

The reason I ask is the resort is nearly 20 miles from the city of Clermont. The city of Clermont is off the beaten path. Although the Resort appears to have a mailing address of Clermont. You might get more responses if you post under Orlando, because Clermont is a relatively small place.

You should check with the resort to see if they have a shuttle to/from the airport even if you have to pay a fee. Then shuttle back to the airport to catch a shuttle from the airport to Daytona Beach. One I found from a web search is http://doshuttle.com/

Another possibility, to get to Daytona Beach, is to take Amtrak (train) from Kissimmee to Daytona Beach. The Amtrak website shows the train portion of the trip is from Kissimmee to Deland, then Daytona Beach is reached by a bus and passengers are dropped off at a curbside bus stop at 100 North Atlantic Avenue, Hilton Daytona Beach Ocean Walk Village, Daytona Beach, FL 32118. You should check this out with Amtrak, since I am only looking at the website and have never tried this.

The Walmart on US 27 according to Google maps is about 2.5 miles from Summer Bay Resort. It appears you have a Publix Supermarket that might be walking distance from the resort, perhaps about 1 mile. Publix is a very nice grocery store chain throughout Florida.

Mentioned in this post
Clermont
Clermont
Lake County, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
DeLand
DeLand
Florida
Ocean Walk Village
Ocean Walk Village
70 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Naples Bay Resort
Naples Bay Resort
1,775 Reviews
Naples, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Taihape
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

Thank you so much the resort said Orlando but the address was cleveland

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

I live near downtown Clermont and used to work near Summer Bay, so I know the area well. Clermont has the most odd city limits you will ever find. You are in city limits, yet downtown is over 20 miles from your resort! No worries, because you are a stone's throw from Disney and your resort is nice.

FYI - Not trying to patronize with breaking this down, not sure if you've been here before and how much (or little) you know. I just want you to have a great time!!

Theme Park Transportation: Your resort offers a free shuttle to the Disney and Universal theme parks. They likely offer service to Sea World as well.

Food Shopping: There is a Publix grocery store next to the resort. An easy walk and a great way to save money on your vacation, considering your room will have a full kitchen. Publix food quality is better than Wal-Mart. I would shop for food at Publix.

Department Store: If you want shopping like Woolworth's, then the Wal-mart that's only 2.5 miles away is a good choice. A taxi to the store would likely run around $5-6 each way plus a $1-2 gratuity.

Major Shopping: The shopping malls are all 20+ miles away from your resort. Things will likely be super cheap compared to back home. I would check with your resort's concierge about transportation options.

Daytona Beach Transportation: Can you share what you are doing in Daytona? Are you doing a day trip, or are you staying over there? That would help to advise the best options. Most likely, either taking the best option is going back to the Orlando Airport and from there, taking a bus up to Daytona. But if you're just looking for a beach day during your trip, you may again check with your concierge. There are excursions where a van or bus will pick you and other guests up for a day of fun on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Clermont
Clermont
Lake County, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,480 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Taihape
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

Thanks a lot that is super helpful. We have not been to this area of USA before and have bought a package that includes 3 nights at the holiday inn Daytona Beach. From Daytona Beach we need to fly to Freeport so we were thinking flying from Orlando MCO might be our best choice although the flights do seem expensive it might just be how things are. We would like to visit Walmart to do some clothes shopping as things are a lot cheaper there than here, Thank you again.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Freeport
Freeport
Grand Bahama Island
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,155 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

"We would like to visit Walmart to do some clothes shopping as things are a lot cheaper there than here,"

I understand, but would like to suggest a Target store for much nicer selections of clothes. There is one in every community. http://www.target.com/

Walmart may be the world's largest retailer, but it does not have the selection of nicer things (like clothes) that Target has.

7. Re: Clermont help required by new zealanders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, September 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Clermont