We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

We are coming in the end of June and I am trying to see which is the better of the two I have been looking at Sunset Vista Beachfront in TI or Best Western Sea Wake in Clearwater any information would be great also traveling with 11and 15yr old so need things to do but also on a budget any help would be great. Thanks

maryland
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

Between the two-I would have to say Sunset Vista. Best Western Sea Wake is not actually on the beach, it's on the intercoastal. It does have its own beach, but it's not directly on the gulf. Sunset is different than most condo setups. It looks like it has a restaurant and tiki bar which would be convenient for lunch vs. most condos where you have to make your own or go out and get something. Treasure Island is also very close to johns pass(restaurants, shopping, parasailing, boat rides) and St. Pete Beach(more of the same). In the last couple of years, the old motels in TI have been torn down making way for the new condos. This looks like this might be one of them. At least they are not building huge 20 story high rises.

maryland
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

After replying to your post I see that you have already been to TI. If you are wanting to be closer to Clearwater, there are condos about a mile or two south of there. Low rise-no elevators, nothing but condo and beach. You do have to drive into Clearwater for things to do for the kids. No big deal except for the weekends. Lots of traffic right on Clearwater Beach. Have you tried looking on gulfcoastrentals.com or vrbo.com? Most prices are about the same as Sunset and there are a few a little bit cheaper. Personally, I like staying closer to Clearwater. Just something about it just seems better than Madeira Beach, TI or st Pete. It just kind of boils down to what you want, a little more driving or stuff right out the front door. Carriesblank@comcast.net

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

Thanks alot for your input I think we are leaning towards that condo as well it will have alot more room and seems to be in the center of everything, Thanks Again

4. Re: Treasure Island Vs Clearwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 25, 2009