We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

MD
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

This hotel sounds like a good and affordable alternative if visiting Clearwater beach area. Am I right, or is it really too far from the beach and attractions.

Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Nowhere in Clearwater is "too far" from the beach - depending on how you define "too far". If you pick up a Holiday Inn directory from one of your nearby Holiday Inns, look for the one you are talking about in it - there should be a map giving you a location of exactly where it is.

MD
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Chuts,

I am looking online. Do not have the holiday inn directory on hand. The hotel description is very nice with Kidsuite and kitchen and for a pretty good price. Not being familiar with the area, it's hard for me to tell if it will take us 10 or 30 minutes to get to the beach from there. (Living in DC area and know how bad the traffic can be. I am only 10 miles away from DC, but at times it can take 1 hr to get there!!!)

Thanks for your help.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

I think Chits' reply is slightly misleading. You have to distinguish between Clearwater and Clearwater Beach, which are connected by a causeway about 2km long. All the beach activities are at Clearwater Beach. The "Clearwater North/Dunedin" area is quite pleasant, but certainly not within walking distance of the beach. If you're happy to drive, take your chance on finding parking, or alternatively rely on the trolley, you will be OK. Otherwise, find somewhere in Clearwater Beach

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Looking at the map link online for that hotel, it looks like it is no more than 500 feet from the beach.

What attractions are you thinking of, Busch Gardens, The Aquarium, Lowery Park Zoo, Tarpon Springs, The St. Pete Pier, Great Explorations, Salvador Dali Museum?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

That is a new hotel. It is on Broadway right near downtown Dunedin. It will be about 15-20 minute drive to Clearwater Beach under normal conditions. Weekends will take longer as the traffic to the beach can jam up on the causeway from Clearwater mainland to the beach.

Also, you are about 15 minutes from Dunedin causeway. It is a causeway with beaches. You just pull your car over and lay on the beach next to your car type of place. That causeway leads to Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island State Parks.

Downtown Dunedin will provide some quaint little shops, and several restarant choices.

MD
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

All,

Wow, thank you for the information. I did not realize that it can take that long to get to the beach. Although, 15-20 minutes driving is not a big deal. However, it sounds like it can take a lot longer to get to and from the beach, as well as the hassle of finding parking, etc.

Thank you all for the information.

7. Re: Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 18, 2009