We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Island or shuttle to Caladesi ???

Kokomo, IN
Level Contributor
13 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Island or shuttle to Caladesi ???

Hi, I'm going to be in the area in just over a week and I am trying to finalize my plans. Does anyone have an opinion of which island is better? I am taking my 7yr old so I am looking for specific things. She would like to go shelling, hopefully see a few fish from the water, and maybe a little wildlife (turtles and birds) on the island. I was also considering renting a kayak, but not sure if that would be too much for her. Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated.

I already have reservations for a trip to Egmont Key.

Thanks!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Island or shuttle to Caladesi ???

Both are worth a visit, but Caladesi is much the quiter of the two because of its isolation. There is little to choose between them for shelling and wildlife, although I've never seen any turtles! Plenty of bird life though.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Island or shuttle to Caladesi ???

Take her to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. The website is www.cmaquarium.org . It is not a large facility but they have a touching pool and various living marine creatures on display. She'll love it!

3. Re: Honeymoon Island or shuttle to Caladesi ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 26, 2009