We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of June, Part 2

Pawleys Island...
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
First week of June, Part 2

Thanks for all your recommendations on my first post. Next question: Are we better off making reservations or are we safe in just coming down and finding a place that appeals to us? (we'd be staying for a couple of weekdays, not a weekend)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First week of June, Part 2

Summer is not the busiest season, but there still is a lot of visitors then. I would think you would be OK without reservations, you would be able to get a room somewhere, but possibly not at your first, choice.

What would be your ideal place, and budget and we'll try to recommend some to look at.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First week of June, Part 2

In your last post you mentioned staying at Silver Sands. I'm not familiar with that hotel, so I don't know how booked up they get or how far ahead they book. It sounds like you've looked over lodging quite thoroughly and that Silver Sands was more reasonable than most - so it might be a good idea to book ahead.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First week of June, Part 2

Weekdays you will probably be able to get a good walk in rate just about anywhere.

4. Re: First week of June, Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 01, 2015