We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater hotels

wales
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Clearwater hotels

Hi we are traveling to orlando on the 17th august but we would like to take two days out and spend it on the beach but not sure where to stay, we have found one place called clearwater beachview resort has anybody stayed here and can anybody help with some good clean hotels not too expensive. We are a family of 4 children are 14,12.

Any help please.

birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater hotels

we also are goin to spend a day or two in clearwater/st pete area in oct. i found lots of reviews on this site under the hotel section as wel as british pubs so i can get a decent pint

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater hotels

Clearwater beach is very nice but you will find the hotels more expensive than in Orlando. Last time we stayed there we stayed at the Econolodge mainly because it was the only place that had a room. It was basic and clean certainly our room would have been big enough for 4 and it had a fridge, cooker and microwave. I have stayed at other hotels there which were better but they have changed hands (all were chain hotels) and I'm not sure which chain has which hotel now. You will find Clearwater Beach is very popular with the Brits. So you may find that you are sitting at the pool with Linda and Les from London rather than Bud and Brenda from Buffalo if you see what I mean.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
443 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater hotels

Hi, Why dont you try the Sea Captain Resort in Clearwater, We stayed there in May earlier this year and had a fab time, read lots of reviews about the place (Many from off this site) and couldnt fault it,

Location is great just 2 mins from the beach but right on the marina overlooking the pirate boats, sunset criuses etc, has a nice pool area, fishing deck, and very clean and large rooms, try it.........

birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater hotels

heard good things about the sea captain resort and its well up on our list of places to stay

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater hotels

We stayed at the Sea Captain also last October and loved it. We are a family of 4 also, ages 4 and 10 for the kids, great location, so clean!!!!! We are booked there again this October!! My review is in here for it to with pics from Maine, cant wait to go back!!!

6. Re: Clearwater hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 12, 2009