We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

Staying at the Wyndham; looking for the best "farm to table" restaurants hear the hotel. I eat seafood but am mainly a vegetarian. Fresh, local food is very important to me. I've looked at the list of best Clearwater restaurants but am having a difficult time determining their proximity to the hotel. Also, it is difficult to determine the type of restaurant. Using the Baltimore forum as an example, the #1 restaurant is fine dining and the #2 is a deli without any seating.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

Not quite sure on that one. I know the best 'gulf to table' places lol. Most places along the beach lean towards seafood. You may want to try Crabby Bill's BeachWalk, and Frenchy's South Beach Café. Both are along BeachWalk, which is on the southern end of the beach nearest the Wyndham - 10-11 min walk or so. Both have very fresh seafood, and I have never been disappointed with anything from them. Should have a few vegetarian option too I think. Fun casual places.

There is a small collection of shops in a building just across the street from the Wyndham. I believe there is a couple restaurants in there. Not sure what they are, but figured I would mention it since you may want to see what is there since it's so close.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

Thank you. Both places you suggested look great. I don't mind driving if the food is good, just looking for fresh, not frozen; I should have said "gulf to table".

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
255 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

The bait house on Clearwater beach at the east end of parking lot where Clearwater marina is, serves fish right off the boat. Seating is outside on a smsll deck where you can watch the fisherman bring in the fish right off the boat. Doesn't get much fresher than that in this area. Before 6 metered parking after 6 free parking.

4. Re: Best Farm to Table Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater