We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

Hi, I will be staying for a few days in orlando then need a transfer to clearwater, doesn't anyone know roughly the transfer prices, i have looked online but can't get a quote, 3 people/3 suitcases

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

They are expensive, which is probably why they aren't posted. Call or email the provider for a quote.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

Ok thanks, when your talking expensive are you thinking more then $150, if you are not sure, don't worry, thank for trying to help

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

more thatn $150 for 3 definitely. but I don't know how much, as because like most americans I drive.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

You didn't mention how you are planning on travelling from Orlando to Clearwater. Public transportation in Florida isn't wonderful, so your options are limited.

The easiest and cheapest way to travel would be to rent a vehicle. You could rent a vehicle one way if you didn't want to use it during your stay in Clearwater. Driving in Florida is not difficult, and if you used a GPS, directions are quite straight forward.

A private taxi would transport you from Orlando to Clearwater. If you look at a fare finder, the rate comes out to about $350.00 for a taxi trip. We've had people in the past tell us that they have negotiated rates with limo companies and have paid about $200.00 for the trip . You might want to call taxi and limo services and see if they can offer you a better rate.

There is Amtrak Train service between Orlando and Tampa for a reasonable rate. You would need to pay taxi fare to and from the train station.

Bus service from Orlando to Clearwater is not a good option. Greyhound stations are located in questionable parts of the city and there is no depot in Clearwater, so you would need to pay a taxi to transport you to Clearwater. Red Coach is a luxury bus, but the route from Orlando to Clearwater goes many miles out of the way and would take you all day.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

There are some private coach services that do the trip such as redcoach or Floridasunshineshuttle. but i don't have any experience with them.

I pretty much never rec Greyhound to people.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

The Red Coach trip will take over 7 hours to complete from Orlando to Tampa, and then there is still the taxi fare from Tampa to Clearwater. We've had a number of other inquiries on this topic in the past and we've researched it quite thoroughly.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

Well we have some on the orlando forums who have done it sucessfully with other companies.

I agree, it is time consuming, and inconvenient and expensive. And I don't recommend it quite honestly.

But you must understand, there are many who live in major conurbations in europe who don't ever learn to drive, so can't rent a car. So telling them to rent a car, is a non starter.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

I was under the impression the OP didn't want to drive. I wasn't trying to cause a problem. I did provide a couple of other suggestion though that the OP could use to travel to Clearwater. The Amtrak is very cheap from Orlando to Tampa but there are taxi costs on both ends. Others have successfully negotiated limo rates for a much cheaper rate than a taxi. If anyone else has found another way to travel between the two cities - please help us out and provide us with other options.

Edited: 10:43 am, February 18, 2014
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

It is a language thing, non driver means they can't drive (as opposed to don't want to).

I think the Amtrack suggestion could be a good one, if they want to go that way. I think you can get close to the Amtrack station in Kissimmee with the public bus.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer to Clearwater from Orlando/i drive (non driver)

Thank you alllllllllllll for all this help, I have taken all your advises, and decide from there. What would i do without trip advisor.

Amanx, you said you would never recommend Greyhound to people, is this a typo? or have you had bad experience with them.