We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater in May?

fochabers,moray
Level Contributor
47 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Clearwater in May?

Hi.my husband and myself are still in the planning stage of going to America in May 2014 and would just like to know if anyone can recommend a nice middle priced hotel to stay in preferably near beach but not essential.only essential is it has to be clean.This is our first trip to Clearwater,in fact first to America,can anyone tell me are there plenty restaurants bars etc too.Many thanks.Lynne (North Scotland )

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater in May?

The Pier House 60 Hotel is only a couple years old, and is very clean and nice. It's right across the parking lot from Pier 60, which is kind of the hub of activity on the beach, great 'middle of everything' location. Plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, beach, everything walkable. It is right at what I would call middle priced of the hotels along the beach in that area.

There is also a nice Holiday Inn on South Beach, that is also an easy walk to everything, though a farther walk to Pier 60, 10 minutes or so.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater in May?

I second Marks suggestions. The Pier House is new - so if you are looking for clean it's a great option, and the location is very good - about a block from the beach and Pier 60. There are restaurants and bars within walking distance - many right on the beach with great views of the sunset. The Pier House 60 has a rooftop bar with great views.

The Holiday Inn also has a good location. It is directly in the Gulf - although there is a seawall in front and not a beach, and it has some rooms with balconies overlooking the Ocean. The beach is a couple of blocks away. The Holiday Inn has a very good Gulf front restaurant/bar with ocean and sunset views.

fochabers,moray
Level Contributor
47 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater in May?

Thankyou guys for your replies.Could you also tell me how long is the journey from Tampa Airport to Clearwater and are there plenty taxis or buses available.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater in May?

Cheapest way would be car hire, it's an easy drive , however , if. Your not bothered about driving plenty taxis available go online to see shuttles are available , we go to st Pete beach on the. 5th of May , I love the drive along gulf blvd from Clearwater to st Pete beach, it's beautiful ... Enjoy your trip

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater in May?

The trip from the airport will depend on the time of day that you are travelling, but will take about 40 minutes. You won't have any problem finding a taxi from the airport - they charge about $65.00. There is also a shuttle service - a shared van - that is located at the corners of the airport by the luggage carousals.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearwater in May?

I would hire a car if you can as there are lots of lovely places you can visit with Clearwater as a base.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clearwater in May?

www.supershuttle.com is the shared van shuttle.

8. Re: Clearwater in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 09, 2014