We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove

Ionia, MI
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove

We are a family of 5 looking to stay in Clearwater Beach area for a week in either February or March...Debating between La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove...We initially wanted a condo on the beach but I'm having a hard time finding anything priced reasonable. Or else they demand a Saturday to Saturday stay and it looks like the best flights I can find our Wed-Wed.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove

I haven't been inside either, so can only speak of the locations.

LaSal will be a much shorter walk to the beach. Just a minute walk to the north part of the beach. 10 minutes or so walk to the Pier 60 area.

Coconut will be a 10-12 min or so walk to the south end of the beach. And a 17 or so min walk to Pier 60.

South end is in general a busier part of the beach, while the north beach area is a little slower paced, quieter end.

Easy walk to restaurants, shops, bars etc from both.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove

I've never stayed at either of these hotels, so all I can really comment on is the location.

La Sal Suites are on the north end of Clearwater Beach. North Beach is much quieter than the main beach area, and I much prefer the beach here. Having said that, I don't like the location of La Sal Suites. It is on a busy corner with no privacy for their swimming pool. If you look at the pictures, there is just a metal fence between the pool and the street so you are on display to everyone passing by. It isn't relaxing or quiet. The building is older and it looks run down. The suites are individually owned, so there could be a difference in how suites are renovated and maintained. La Sal is close to the Palm Pavilion and Frenchy's - both good beachfront restaurant/bars and there are cabana and lounge rentals on the beach for a much better rate than the main beach.

Coconut Cove Resort has a lovely pool area - I've seen it and it has nice privacy and would be a nice place to sit. It is on the very south end of Clearwater Beach - a 10 minute walk to the beach. There is a small beach across the street you would be allowed to use but it isn't a good swimming beach. This hotel is close to Shepherds nightclub - so it might get noisy. Good location for proximity for restaurants and bars.

You'll have to read the reviews and try to compare the two. La Sal is close to the quieter beach and Coconut Cove has a great pool - it really depends on what is most important to you.

3. Re: La Sal Suites or Coconut Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 24, 2014