We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Clearwater near the beach

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
218 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Clearwater near the beach

we are trying to book a hotel in Clearwater for next July for 4 nights, that will sleep 4 people, myself, hubby, DS and DD, but unfortunately we keep being offered rooms with 2 double beds, and I need twin beds for kids, does anyone have recommendations or ideas, other than getting another room.

Tks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Clearwater near the beach

There are several hotels in Clearwater Beach that have suites. You might be able to rent a suite with two beds and a sofa bed - or have a cot put in the room. I haven't tried to book a room that has three beds - so you'd have to contact each hotel and ask them what they might have available. Some hotels might put a cot in a room with two queen or two double beds if their rooms are large enough.

There is quite a range of prices for the suite hotels from moderately priced to expensive.

Pelican Point Hotel is directly across the street from the beach and some of the rooms have great ocean views. I think all their suites have one bedroom. This would be one of the more moderately priced suite hotels. You could ask them if they have a cot that could be put in the room.

Coconut Cove Resort is on the south end of Clearwater Beach and would be three or four blocks walk to the main beach. Guests can use the small beach of the resort across the street.

Holiday Inn has some suites. They are directly on the Gulf of Mexico - but the hotel has a retaining wall in front of it and not a beach. It would be a couple of blocks to the beach. This hotel has a very good Gulf front restaurant.

East Shore Resort has condo type suites. They are located on the intracoastal with full sized kitchens. Some of the suites also have small private patios. We have forum members that highly recommend this hotel.

The Marriott Hotel is across the bridge on Sand Key and is an all suite hotel.

The Hyatt is across the street from the beach - perfect location. It is a high end all suite hotel with full kitchens.

Another idea would be to look at renting a condo. Most condos in Clearwater Beach require a minimum rental of one week, but you could look on VRBO or vacationrentals.com and see if you can find a condo for four days. If you can't find anything, or if the suite hotels on Clearwater Beach are too expensive, you could look for condo rentals on the beaches between Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach. Those communities have more short term rentals than Clearwater Beach does.

I hope you are able to find something that is perfect for your needs. Have a wonderful vacation.

2. Re: Hotel in Clearwater near the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 22, 2014