We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

kent
Level Contributor
30 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Hi,

I getting really mixed views on weather - not sure if it will be warm enough to swim in the pool/sea, also is it vests & shorts or shirts & pants? Please help as getting bit concerned. Only a weeks visit & don't want to waste it all on shopping for clothes we should have brought with us ;) thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

It's hard to say. It most likely won't be cold. But even now, we've had a few days where it only got up to 69-70º, and later this week, the highs are forecast to be in the low 80's. Just depends on when the cold fronts come through. Although, early in November, they will be weak cold fronts, but it is why it can be 70º for a couple days, then 83º for a few days, and so on. So it's tough to say how it will be on the 12th.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Any time we are in Florida between November and March, we take a bit of everything - that way we are prepared. Usually in November we get fairly decent weather - and spend most of our time on the beach, but the cold fronts are unpredictable and it can be a bit cool. We always pack our summer clothes, a pair of long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a jacket in case a cold front comes in or the evenings are cool. The cool weather things usually stay in the suitcase, but we have them if we need them.

Enjoy your trip - the area is beautiful.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Best bet is to plan for warm days and cool nights.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Hi don't forget locals will find low 70s cool ... Whereby us cool weather folk will find that temp positively barmy !

kent
Level Contributor
30 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Exactly ! 70's is hot for us, practically mid summer ;)

Last visit was May 2012 & it was so hot I just wanted to stay in swim ware all day. I know the humidity is not going to be anything like May - I just don't know if to pack swim stuff or not . What's a cold front ? High 60's? That's still balmy summer evening for us 😃

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Well we are following you by a couple of weeks and im packing a couple of pairs of jeans or cotton trousers and a cardi or two..for night times mainly. we will also have our warm jackets for travelling. however most of our packing will be summer shorts, tees and swim wear. we are intending to visit a water park but will just check the weather forecast the day before then decide.

We were in Orlando a couple of februarys ago during a short cold snap.... Which by UK temps was fine during the day but at night there was a very chilly wind.

Hope that helps.

kent
Level Contributor
30 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Perfect - that helps allot.

Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone .

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

You asked what a cold front is. We've been in Clearwater when its has been in the 40's - but that isn't frequent. Usually a cold front means I need long pants and maybe a light jacket. I rarely put real shoes on - usually wear sandals - but when it hit the low 40's I put on shoes and socks. I'm from Canada - so know what cold is. Hot weather is too much for us and we will swim in the Gulf all winter - but when it's cool, we still need something warmer than summer clothes. Usually November is the perfect temperature for us. Not too hot and not too cold - just right. Hope your weather is just right and that you have a wonderful trip. We had our first snow fall yesterday - wish I was in Clearwater right now.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,934 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

We have experienced a few cold fronts in Nov/Dec and believe me, it can get very cold. One November when we were in Orlando, there were snow flurries in the middle of one night!!! Daytime temps struggled into the mid 60s and early mornings and evenings were bitter. We had to go and buy fleeces from Outdoor World as the jackets we had worn over from the UK were not warm enough. Just pack a few warm clothes as well as shorts and Ts and you should be fine.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to pack ? How warm 12th Nov?

Don't expect any flurries here! When our local news talks about a 'cold spell' that usually means it will be 85 instead of 90. I'm a Northeasterner, so I know what a cold front is. That said, I am acclimated to the weather here, so when it hits 80 I'm looking for a sweater : ) During November the temps definitely do not dip that low. Maybe 60 overnight would be the chilliest I'd plan for. It'll still be mid 80s during the day.