We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
923 posts
Save Topic
Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

60-ish Canadian couple , been visiting Florida for 30+ years, usually in St. Pete Beach. or Sarasota Next year we'd like to try a stay in Clearwater. Not really familair with the area & trying to get a 'feel' for where to stay. We usually rent a condo withing walking distance to beach - being "right on the beach" is not vital. We like to be in/near the center of the action, we enjoy just hanging out & relaxing, like to jog/walk etc. Enjoy eating out while we're in Florida, so would like to be within proximity to some of the nicer (not fast-food) dining areas (prefer not to drive after dinner ...hic!). All comments suggestions welcomed as to what location(s) we should consider & any specific accommodations. Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

How long will you be in Clearwater? There aren't a lot of condos located right in the main part of Clearwater Beach, and the minimum stay in many of them is one to three months.

If you don't necessarily want to be right on the beach, one of our regular posters highly recommends the East Shore Resort. It is located on the intracoastal, and is a suite motel. The units, while older, are kept in great shape. There are units with kitchens, living areas and separate bedrooms, and some have little patios areas, and there are many perks like free laundry provided. They are located about two blocks from the beach and walking distance to many restaurants and bars.

You will also find condos listed for rent on VRBO, vacationrentals.com, and Flip Key, in a variety of price ranges. If you want to be close to restaurants and the action, map the condos so you can see where they are located.

Some of the condos that might be worth looking at might be 440 West (ocean front one month minimum rental), Belle Harbor, and Harborview Grand. The Villas of Clearwater Beach Building A is oceanfront on the north end of Clearwater Beach. It is getting away from the action, but is still walking distance to the Palm Pavilion and Frenchy's Rockaway Grill if you want some nightlife. The Sandpearl, Hyatt, Coconut Grove Resort and Pelican Pointe are suite hotels right near restaurants, with kitchens. You will find some of their suites for rent by owner, on the rental sites, for less than you'd pay through the respective hotels.

If you find something you are interested in and want more information on its location, please ask - either on this forum or pm me. I hope you find the perfect place to stay for your vacation.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

For hotels right in the heart of it all, the Pier House 60 Marina hotel, Hilton, Hyatt, and Sandpearl Resort.

Canada
Level Contributor
923 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

Thanks. Any more comments to add?

nuneaton
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

i am one of the posters that would highly recomend East Shore Resorts have been to clerawater beach 12 times have stopped at a few others but now go back to ESR , WE BOTH HAVE BOOKED FOR NEXT MAY so hope this is useful . have a look at the reviews it really is true . regards Steve & Gwen

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

The hotels like Hilton, Sandpearl and any chains are going to be very expensive. I would check out FloridaSSL.com for info on smaller properties in the area. There are lots of them and they are very nice and quiet compared to the big hotels that will be housing spring breakers. Things located in North Beach will be way more calm than anything south of Pier 60.

scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

We have stayed at both the Hilton and the Sandpearl and can highly recommend both. Both are directly on the beach with great beach bars and views of the Gulf from the rooms. The Sandpearl is the more luxurious of the two and neither is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

I just returned from a visit in Clearwater Beach and would recommend the affordable Sea Captain Resort. It is in the middle of Clearwater Beach. It is next to Crabby Bills. It is walkable to just about anywhere in Clearwater Beach. It is across the street from the ocean. It has seating along the marina to watch the boats come in and out, which I found very peaceful and relaxing. The rooms are spacious and have kitchenettes. They even have bicycles you can use for free. I would recommend a ride over to Sand Key.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

The Sandpearl is a very nice resort but also very expensive. Pier 60 hotel is new and affordable, its on the intercoastal. Either way you will enjoy Clearwater Beach to the fullest. Its a beautiful area.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
86 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

I stayed at the Hilton in July, and it was fantastic. Great location!

Marshall mn
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help? Where to stay in Clearwater Beach, Spring 2014?

We stayed at Sandpearl for last five yrs. We love it . My opinion best hotel in Florida. In fifties from Minnesota