We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

sheffield
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Was thinking about coming over from the uk in late November early December for a week holiday .is everything still open and is it still warm thanks ?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Yes everything is open as it is the begining of the busier 'Winter' season. Nov/Dec is not near as cold as Jan/Feb can be, but there still can be cold fronts that come through lowering the temp. It can either be in the 80s or 60s. More often it is on the warmer end of that, mid-high 70s. But the cold fronts can start that early, but just not come through as often.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

"Is it still warm?"

Some years it is nice, some years it is freezing cold. Some years, both within a few days.

I usually fish on the other coast, but I have been over to the beach several times the day after Thanksgiving in three layers of clothes at sunrise.

Temps can be all over the place, but I would say the average day would have a high in the low 70's.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

I guess Mark beat me to it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

November and early December are quieter months for tourism, and rates for hotels will be lower. By mud December, rates start to cling again as tourism increases. Several years ago, during the recession. it was very quiet during those months, but tourism has picked up in the area, and last year tourism was at an all time high. You will find the area quieter than you would during the rest of the tear, but things do not close down - all the restaurants, and hotels will be open.

As for temperatures, the weather does cool off. The average high temperature in November is 77 degrees, and in December it drops to 71. Typically during the winter months, temperatures are unpredictable, you will have lovely beach weather, then a cold front will blow in and temperatures cool off, and then temperatures warm up again. We've always had lovely warm weather when we've been in Flirida during November - but December can be iffy. The earlier your trip in November, the better chance you'll have nice weather. If you want to check out average temperatures by month, here is a link you can pull up. …weather.com/weather/…USFL0084

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

We're all typing at the same time lol !

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Sorry Mark - I posted right my reply right after yours and was typing while yours posted.

sheffield
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Thanks all for your replies really helpful ,think I will try and get there early November .

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Oh bother and I've gone and booked for the end of nov .....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

We've always had decent weather in November - but it does start to cool down, and there is a possibility that a cold front could come through. It is usually quite pleasant - we actually love being in Florida in November.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is clearwater busy in late nov/dec ?

Thanksgiving is at the end of November. Things are definitely starting to get busy by then...but weather is unpredictable that time of year.