We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

yorkshire
Level Contributor
502 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast

Arriving in Clearwater on 16th July for a month and we are so excited!!! We have been to this area a number of times over the last few years and I know roughly what to expect weather wise. However, just looking on the long range forecast, and it looks a bit grim!! It seems to have a lot of cloud forecast, lots of stormy weather also.

I know this sounds really dreary and I would normally roll my eyes at posts like this.... but has anyone got an opinion about the weather locally please? Is it the same as usual, or unseasonably cloudy/ thunderstorms as the forecast is predicting? I'm just happy to be there whatever the weather, but am bringing my folks, so just getting a little worried!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,485 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

There is no such thing as a valid long-range forecast. Disregard any you may come across. The 5-day forecast shows a 50-60% CHANCE of scattered T-Storms. That sounds seasonally normal to me.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Clearwater+FL+USFL0084:1:US

yorkshire
Level Contributor
502 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

Thought so really!! Thanks, feel reassured!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

I think the Summer rainy season started a little early. And we are seeing more morning rain than I think is normal. But this is at the present. I guess every year may have it's little differences, but I would imagine we will have the usuall Summer weather this year.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast

Most weather forecast will give you an outlook for 10 days max (and that is not very accurate). Anything after 10 days they usually post the average hi's/lows and rainfall for those dates.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
502 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast

Thanks for all replies. You can plan for most things, but not the weather!!

However, just being in Sand Key will be amazing, so lets hope for the best!

6. Re: Weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 03, 2014