We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

I'm having trouble with my desire for the Ritz hotel, but unability to pay for it. I'd LOVE to stay at the Hyatt or the SandPearl - but it's way out of budget. I think we are looking for around $200, but are a little bit flexible on that.

My husband and I are staying for 2 nights. We'd like to be on the beach, or at least very close to it, and in a nice, newer hotel. I really dislike run down, older hotels. Decent pool would be nice, although we anticipate spending most of our time in the ocean. We like the pool for those times when you are done with the salt water.

Any ideas?? How's the Sheraton or the Marriott??

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

The Sheraton and Marriott are not right on Clearwater Beach - but across the bridge on Sand Key. The Sheraton gets mixed reviews - it is on a very wide part of the beach - so it's a bit of a walk and the sand is coarser than Clearwater Beach and some people complain about the hotel.

The Marriott is an all suite Hotel on the intra-coastal. There is a walkway across the street to the beach - but it isn't on the beach. It has a lovely pool and great views - often of the dolphins as they swim past.

If you want a new hotel - check out the price of Pierhouse 60. It's a few blocks from the beach but right in the heart of everything and it is brand new.

The Holiday Inn is nice and gets good reviews. It sits on the Gulf - but on a sea wall and is not actually on the beach. The beach is a short walk away.

I don't know if the Hilton would be in your budget. It is right on the beach - but it isn't as nice as most Hilton's. The Pelican Pointe and Travelodge are across the street from the beach.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

The Travelodge is next door to the Ritz, and should be in the same price range. They are two of the more affordable hotels on the beach, and in a great location, but are older, but nicely kept up properties.

Sounds like you are looking for the Pier House 60 Marina Hotel. It is new, super clean, right by Pier 60, an easy walk to everything, but maybe near to, or pushing that $200 budget. $15 per night for parking so consider that if you will have a car.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

Work the system. Wherever you stay, join their "club". For instance Sandpearl is a member of I Prefer, I joined it and saved 40%. Most hotels have these clubs and they are free to join. You may even get a few extra perks....room upgrades, free breakfast, etc. I am also a member of Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards. Keep doing your research and you won't have to settle!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

@LifesABeach86: OK, thanks for that info on Sheraton and Marriott. Between the two, it sounds like Marriott is a better choice. In my experience, you can't go too wrong with a Marriott. They just offer some consistency. I've heard of Pierhouse 60 and think I might take a closer look because it's mentioned so often. I thought about the Holiday Inn - I don't want to be too far from the beach. I can afford the Hilton, it's on my list, but am unsure of the quality as you mentioned.

@MarkBee: When I say Ritz, I mean Ritz Carlton, you know, the hotel that charges $500/night? You too mention Pierhouse! I saw somewhere about their $15/day parking, so thanks for that reminder. I priced it at less than the Sheraton and Marriott, so this might be a good fit. I'm thinking that since we can't afford Hyatt or Sandpearl, we are going to have to stay off the beach in order to get what we want.

@Dude2360: Thanks for the tip on I Prefer!!!!

This is for our 10 yr anniversary, but since we can't afford the Sandpearl, we will have to lower our standards a bit. And we've always been the type who'd rather have a clean room, and spend more money on eating out, etc.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

Depending on when you are going you may be able to get the Sandpearl for about $200 per night. However you have a parking and resort fee tacked on. If you can afford the Hilton....go for it. I have stayed there a couple times. Right on the beach and two good beachfront pools and a nice pool bar. You can walk anywhere on Clearwater beach from the Hilton.....BUT make sure you get a room facing south....I believe they call it parkview.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

We usually stay at the Marriott on Sand Key and love it. However, it is over the road from the beach and quite a long walk to the sea. We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn and the Sheraton and of those two, despite the Sheraton being actually on Sand Key beach, I would pick the HI. The pool at the Sheraton is tiny! However, none of these hotels are new. I would call them all "a bit tired" but definitely not run down!

scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

We stayed at the Hilton and can highly recommend it, this time we are trying the Sandpearl, both are on the beach. We used Travel Republic for both bookings and got a great rate.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

Hey everyone!

I've almost tired myself out looking for a new fancy hotel.

Lately I've been veering away from the brand names, and looking closer at local hotels. One caught my eye, rated #1 on here: East Shore Resort - anyone stay here?

You seem to get more amenities for the price, and are close to beach and Pier 60. I suppose at this point, I'm in between doing a brand name hotel, either Holiday Inn or Hilton -- or a place like East Shore.

What do you all think?

Oh and I don't want to be super far from the sea - so I think I'll rule out the Marriott.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

I have never been to the East Shore. It looks nice from the street. A person here called Beermonger has stayed there, and returns there annually or more often, and says a lot of great things about the hotel. Hopefully he will see this and be able to give you some first hand knowledge of the East Shore.

You may also want to look at the Pier House 60 Marina Hotel. It is brand new, and is in a great location in the Hilton/pier/marina area.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for 2 night stay, on the beach

Hi Mark,

I meant to add that Pier House 60 is in my list as well. I'm narrowing it down!

1. Pier House 60

2. Holiday Inn

3. East Shore Resort

4. Hilton

Wants - walk to beach, ocean view/front, clean rooms - free parking is a bonus.