We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

Burlington...
3 posts
Save Topic
Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

Hello! We're headed to Clearwater Beach mid-May with a 2 yr old and 4 month old. We're going to get a suite so my husband and I don't have sit in the dark at 9pm when the kids go to bed. We're going with friends who are staying at the Hilton, but all the one-bedroom suites are booked there. We'd love to be within walking distance of them and have a hotel with a decent pool and near or on the beach. I'm looking at Coconut Cove, but can't tell if it's too far from the action. The Hyatt is available too, but a lot pricier than CC. Is the gulf side nicer than the harbor side? North vs. south? Should we stay close to the Pier? We'd love to walk to everything, if possible since we don't want to haul around car seats with us!

I'll start reading other questions/answers to try to get more help!

Thanks!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

You are correct about the CC location. From the Hyatt, you could walk to the Hilton for a visit, and it is close enough you could go back and forth, to the Hilton, back to Hyatt for lunch, back to the Hilton, run to the Hyatt to mix a drink, then back etc.

From the CC, you could walk to the Hilton, but kind of too far to want to do it more than once. It may be too far for you to want to walk back and forth throughout the day, as you could do from the Hyatt.

Check if the Pier House 60 Marina Hotel has suites. It is right in the Pier60/Hilton/Hyatt area and should even be le$$ than the Hilton, but not sure if they have suites. If so, it is new, and nice.

The Holiday Inn has suites, and would be a little closer to the Hilton, but just a few minutes shorter walk compared to the Coconut.

The Barefoot Bay Resort is a smaller property, but has separate bedrooms and is on the bayside, and an easy walk between it and the Hilton also.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

The Hyatt is right beside the Hilton - so if you wanted to stay right near your friends - it would be the ideal location. I know it is considerably more expensive, though. How long were you planning on staying? I saw a suite at the Hyatt listed on TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals for considerably less than booking through the Hyatt itself - but the owners wanted a weekly rental - not just a few days. If you are considering a week - that might be a great option to look into. I think the price was about $130.00 a night with resort fee included - but parking was extra - so even if you weren't staying for a whole week - it might be cheaper than some of your other options. You could also look at VRBO, vacationrentals.com and homeaway to see if you could find a reasonably priced suite at the Hyatt.

Have you thought of calling the HIlton and asking to be put on their cancellation list for a one bedroom? That way - you might be able to be in the same hotel as your friends.

If you are only going to be hooking up with your friends occassionally, then staying at Coconut Cove might not be a bad option. The ratings are very good, and it is a suite hotel. On the downside - it is quite a distance from your friends and quite a walk to the beach. There are also some units at Coconut Cove that are listed on VRBO, TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals and Homeaway for a more reasonable price than directly booking through Coconut Cove. Of course - it is always buyer beware when booking through an owner. Talk with them directly and try to get as many answers as you possible can before signing a lease.

You might also want to check out the suites at the Holiday Inn. It is right on the water - although there is a seawall in front of it and not a beach - so the beach would be a few block away, but it is a bit closer than Coconut Cove Resort to the Pier, restaurants and your friends at the Hilton. Many rooms have balconies, so you could get a room with a balcony overlooking the water - great sunsets. The Holiday Inn has a nice restaurant - Jimmy's Restaurant and Iguana Bar that is directly on the water - nice place to eat.

The Marriott is just over the bridge on Sand Key - and it is another all suite hotel. It is located on the intracoastal though, and not the Gulf - so there wouldn't be a beach - and you would have to drive over the bridge to hook up with your friends - but it has a nice pool for children.

The Palm Pavillion has some suites. It is right on the north end of Clearwater Beach - but right on the beach and the prices are reasonable. The Palm has cabanas for rent in front of it on the beach, and a nice restaurant/bar that is lovely for dining and watching the sunsets. The Palm is an older hotel - but they keep the rooms immaculately clean.

Also near the HIlton is the Barefoot Bay Resort. I believe it has some suites. It's about 3 blocks from the beach - but close to the Hilton. It's an older motel.

Pierhouse 60 is a brand new hotel near the HIlton. It is located about 3 blocks from the ocean. I'm not sure if they have any suites - but it is located just behind the Hyatt on the Marina.

Hopefully something in this list will appeal to you. Good luck. Clearwater Beach is a lovely place to holiday and I'm sure your children will love the sugar soft sand beaches :)

Edited: 10:52 am, April 03, 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

Try East Shore Resort...#1 here for a reason...two minute walk to the Hilton...studio, one or two bedroom efficiencies that are immaculate...I don't agree with some of the alternatives suggested here.

Edited: 5:39 pm, April 03, 2013
Oslo
Level Contributor
817 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

sandpearl

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

The East Shore Resort is an older resort that is kept in good, clean, shape. It is about the same distance from the Hilton as the Coconut Cove Resort - but is located on the intracoastal waterway so is quite a hike to the beach. You could use google maps to look at the hotels and their proximity to the Hilton. It might help you determine where you want to stay and what would work for you.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

There are two parts to East Shore-some on the intracoastal, more across the street immediately behind the Pelican Plaza. Suggest you visit manager Lynn for a tour as "good, clean shape" doesn't do it justice. "Quite a hike" to the beach is an exaggeration-I estimate 3-4 minutes TOPS. About 2 minutes to the Hilton as you cut through the CVS parking lot.

Lastly, all the amenities are included: great pool for kids, two BBQs that are kept in pristine condition, an outside covered area for dining or lounging if you choose, terrific HUGE dock with an area to lounge or fish from (owner has a commercial license so guests don't require one) free and immaculate laundry facilities, laundry soap, toilet paper and filtered water to name a few. Go check it out LifesaBeach86-I am confident that you won't be recommending anywhere else. This location is SO popular it is difficult to get into...

7. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:08 am, April 12, 2013
Burlington...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

Thank you all for your helpful posts! I booked the Hyatt but still will do more research on some of the other suggestions you posted. The advice about not wanting to make multiple trips from the coconut cove was really helpful. Hadn't thought about that!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

No anger here-not sure where you draw that inference. I only clarified your comments, particularly the "quite a hike" one which simply is not true. I was serious when I suggested a visit to manager Lynn as you are posting here a lot and I thought you might like to see for yourself.

I have "NO" affiliation with East Shore other then I stay there each year-there is simply not a better place that I have found in the vicinity. READ THE REVIEWS.

10. Re: Need a suite near the Hilton...where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2014