We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Clearwater

Maryland
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Clearwater

Can you not stay on the beachfront and still get to the beaches? Any suggestions on a Motel or Hotel off the "beachfront" reasonable, quite or best kept secret? Finally, where is the best place to rent a car from the Tampa Airport? Thank you!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Clearwater

Best place to rent a car? There are rental car companies at Tampa Airport, just rent it there.

Clearwater, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Clearwater

Try the motels on North Beach such as Snowflake Inn, The Monaco, Cavalier Motel or Canadian Inn. I personally haven't been to these motels but they are not beachfront but only a 2-3 minute walk to the beach which this side of the beach tends to be a bit quieter without as many of the tourist crowds.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Clearwater

There is one beachside hotel that is reasonably priced that we have stayed at on the north end of the beach - if you want beachside AND low prices. The Palm Pavilion is an older hotel, but is immaculately clean and has recently been renovated. They don't charge parking - or resort fees - and it is very quiet.

The only down side is that hotel rooms are small and there is no elevator - so if you don't want to walk up stairs, ask for a main floor room. The north end of the beach is quieter than the Beachwalk area. There is a restaurant in front of the hotel that is right on the beach (so no views from the hotel) - a great place to sit and watch the sunset in your most casual beach gear. I think this hotel is the best kept secret on Clearwater Beach - it is on the beach without the cost of the beach hotels.

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
140 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Clearwater

I also recommend the Palm Pavillioin. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor. They are very positive.

Also, if you plan to spend all of your time in Clearwater Beach, you do not need a car. You can take Supershuttle roundtrip from the airport to your hotel.

Here is my review of the Palm Pavillion. I hope you find it helpful.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Clearwater

If you do stay in the beach area and want to save the cost of a rental car, there is also another option for transportation once you get to Clearwater Beach. Florida Free Rides offer free rides in their open air electric vehicles anywhere in Clearwater Beach and Sand Key.http://www.floridafreerides.com (727) 424-5458. Just give them a call to reserve your ride. Available from 9 am to 3 am. seven days a week.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Clearwater

I was in Clearwater for a wedding in summer 2010 and ended up using florida free rides the entire time I was there. These guys are awesome. Faster than cabs and buses and didnt cost anything. I just tipped them. Their open cab electric carts were perfect for the beach atmosphere. I will be back in Clearwater this summer and will only be using these guys for transportation. AWESOME SERVICE, HIGHLY RECCOMEND!!

Edited: 6:59 pm, March 20, 2013
7. Re: Questions about Clearwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 22, 2014