We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater beach hotels

Nebraska
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Clearwater beach hotels

Hi,

3 generations going to Clearwater Beach for a 4 night girls trip. Never been. Our ages are 75, 52 & 22 - so you see my dilemma! We'd like a clean, quite hotel within walking to a nice beach and restaurants. I've been looking at 3 properties - Holiday Inn & Suites Clearwater, Pier House 60, and Coconut Cove. Coconut Cove appeals to me as it has 2 room suites/kitchens. Pier House 60 & Holiday Inn have microwaves and refrig. but only one room with 2 beds. Also, the location of the Coconut Cove - 678 S. Gulfview Blvd - concerns me as to whether there is access to a nice beach. They say they have access to a sister property.

We will be staying April 15-19. Any great insights?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

If you want a clean, quiet hotel, my recommendation would be the Pier House 60. I know you were concerned about one room with two beds. Could you possibly afford adjoining rooms? Another idea might be two rooms at the Palm Pavilion. The Palm Pavilion is an older hotel with small rooms, but it is very clean, all the rooms have been upgraded, and it is very reasonably priced. It is a very quiet hotel and it sits right on a very quiet, lovely part of the beach. There are no elevators at this hotel - but if you asked for ground floor rooms - the hotel is a real gem. The Palm Pavilion has a restaurant right on the beach and a nice bar with music. Just across the parking lot is Frenchy's - another nice beach restaurant. They also have cabanas on the beach - a great way for the three of you to spend your time together.

Edited: 3:02 am, February 14, 2013
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

The Pier House 60 Hotel will be a very easy walk to the main beach, pier 60, everything. 1-2 minutes from the hotel to the main beach and Pier60.

Holiday Inn will be a longer walk, maybe 10 times further to Pier 60 than the PH60 Hotel.

C.Cove, may be too far for the older folks to walk to the main beach, let alone the Pier 60 area. And if you took the car, you would have to pay to park, and on weekends you may not be able to park very close, so would still have a walk possibly.

There is a trolley that loops the beach area if that will help get around.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

There is another option for rides within Clearwater Beach. Florida Free Rides is an awesome free service that provides rides within Clearwater Beach, Sand Key and Island Estates. They offer rides from 9 am to 3am.. Just call 727-424-5458 to reserve your ride - and then you wouldn't have to worry about driving your vehicle or parking. The free service would allow you to go to any restaurant on Clearwater Beach or the Aquarium without worrying about parking. Drivers work for tips - so tips would be greatly appreicated.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

Thank you both so much for the wealth of information. With the trolleys and free ride any of these places seem okay...now I just have to make up my mind. I've enjoyed reading your other posts, too!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

You are very welcome. How fun to plan a trip with three generations of women. Clearwater is such a charming place to visit. I hope you have a wonderful and memorable vacation :)

6. Re: Clearwater beach hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2014