We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bellaire beach vs siesta key. Any thoughts?

Keller, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bellaire beach vs siesta key. Any thoughts?

We are torn between two properties in the area for a weeks rental this fall.

One is a very nice condo on Bellaire Beach, lovely but secluded feeling. Evidently not a lot to do around there. Are there restaurants nearby or are we really all that secluded?

The other is on Siesta Beach. I'm afraid of just the opposite..to much traffic. I would love a happy medium. To many people staring at my pleasantly plump very white self in a bathing suit vs possibly being bored.

Which would you do?

Is there a place that rents beach umbrellas etc near clearwater if we choose to stay there? I would hate hate hate to buy a lot of things and have to leave them behind when we go home.

Thanks so much!

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bellaire beach vs siesta key. Any thoughts?

I cannot speak on Siesta Beach, I have never been there. But Belleair beach is beautiful, and very secluded. Which means there is not much to do there, however, you are only just a few minutes from Clearwater Beach. You could hop on the Jolly Trolly and crusie over to Clearwater beach. And yes, you can rent umbrellas at Clearwater. Just sit down at the chairs they provide with the umbrellas and they will come to you for your $ (at least thats how it used to work years ago.) Consider doing this as early as possible. They tend to rent out fast.