We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids, Condominium and Shells

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Kids, Condominium and Shells

Hi, my family of 4 will be visiting the area in May 2013 for a week. Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced condominium, western seafront to an idyllic beach? It can be in the surrounding area of Clearwater. Cost and beach +/- seashells will be the important option...with idyllic beach probably priority number 1. Thank you.

Edited: 4:19 pm, October 13, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids, Condominium and Shells

Many condos in the smaller beach communities between Clearwater Beach, and St. Pete Beach. You ay also enjoy a trip to Caladesi Island, and/or Ft. Desoto Park. Very nice, mostly primitive beach areas.

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids, Condominium and Shells

Thank you, I was hoping for a beach where there is a palm tree or two. I will look in on these places for a condo. If anyone has any idea or knowledge of condo names I can check into, please let me know.

Thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids, Condominium and Shells

You need to check out some of the islands on the Florida Gulf Coast if seashells is what you're looking for. I would start browsing through Sanibel and Captiva which are about a 2-4 hour drive south of Clearwater.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids, Condominium and Shells

There aren't a lot of shells on the beaches with condos around Clearwater. If you are set on this area, though, there are private condos for rent on VRBO and vacationrentals.com, Clearwater doesn't have many condos that allow weekly rentals. There are some just over the bridge on Sand Key that allow two week rentals. My favorite is Crescent Beach Club if your children aren't really noisy. It is a quiet building. Lighthouse Towers is nice as well, but the units aren't as big, and the Gulf front balconies are not nearly as large. There are lots of beaches south of Clearwater Beach that have condos that allow shorter term rentals. If you want great shelling beaches, I agree with PmNTravel that Captiva or Sanibel Island would be much better choices.

Edited: 4:57 am, October 17, 2012
5. Re: Kids, Condominium and Shells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 15, 2013