We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking balconys

Irwin, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
133 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
smoking balconys

I realize smoking rms are a thing of the past but are there any hotels that allow you to smoke on a balcony while staying there?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking balconys

I think most do. I have stayed at a couple hotels on CB recently, and we always smoke on the balconys. Never asked if we can or cannot, we just bring an ashtray with us and go for it. Just keep the door closed so it doesnt go into the room, and we are not in the room that much anyway. Some of the older hotels we have stayed in elsewhere still have smoking rooms.

Irwin, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
133 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking balconys

Good to know,however I am looking for particular names of hotels

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking balconys

The Hilton and Travelodge have balconies, and most, if not all rooms have balconies at the Pier Houuse 60 Hotel. And these are all in a good area where you can walk to everything. The Holiday Inn also has them but is a wee bit farther of a walk to the Pier 60 area.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking balconys

I believe the Marriott is a smoke free hotel?? Other than that, like the previous person replied, I simply smoke on the balcony with the doors closed. I'm also careful about the trash from the ashtray. I usually put it in double bags just to avoid any accusations and fees of smoking in the room. Hilton, Sheraton and Holiday Inn all offer balconies. Almost all big hotels in Clearwater offer a balcony since the fresh air and ocean is what that place is about.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: smoking balconys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater