We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

Hi...I am in the early stages of planning a day trip to Caldesi the last week of October this year.

I have searched the forum and found very little about the hike to Caladesi. Some say it is impossible. Some said to allow 3 hours. Some say an easy one hour walk.

I know there is a ferry. We are allowing one full day for this hike and time in the state Park. Time is not an issue. We will be shelling, kayaking, a picnic, and time lounging on the beach.

Who has done this hike? Can you give me details. Where did you begin the hike? Any information appreciated.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

I have not done it, so I don't know how long it would take. My guess would be a couple hours plus. Start anywhere on Clearwater Beach, and head North.

It is possible, but quite a hike, and you will need to take everything you will need, water, snacks etc. Nowhere along the route to buy stuff.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

Thank you..

Cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

My husband has walked once and my sister-in-law has walked numerous times. It takes about 3 hours from the 440 condos There is nothing along the way-so as stated above-be prepared.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

The 440 condos, OK. That's a good landmark, thanks. I will be prepared.

Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

We stayed at the Regatta Beach Club and have walked to Caladesi many times. We are slow walkers and takes us about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It is a beautiful walk. We get to the island park, have a burger and beer and head back. One word of advice watch the winds. If it is blowing too hard the boats will not come in and everything is closed but the restrooms.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

Thanks. Sounds like a nice time.

Fair to mention to others thinking about this... Regatta Beach Club is on North beach, about 1.5 miles North of Pier 60. So if walking from the pier area, this hike would be 1.5 mi +- longer each way.

7. Re: Walking to Caladesi Island State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013