We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question to luvtovacation

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Dakota
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
question to luvtovacation

You give very rave reviews of the sea captain. Just a couple of ?'s for ya...is it right on the beach or a short walk from the beach? is it in walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc., is it around the construction that everyone keeps mentioning? AND where can i find this review that you have mentioned with pics? Thank a bunch!

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question to luvtovacation

Hi mrsurprise, glad to answer your questions!! Its not right on the beach, its facing the marina, which is beautiful!! with all the boats coming and going, and at night all the lights from the boats!!! We actually seen dolphins swimming right there to!! The beach is right around the corner, with a crosswalk w/ lights. Which was very nice, we walked w/ my 3 year old, so it isnt a hike at all, very very short walk. Yes, you can walk to restaurants, which our fav. was Crabby Bills, which you can see right across the marina also. We also walked to shops. Oh ya, Britts beach bar/restaurant is also right around the corner. You can find my review under Sea Captain By the Bay review section, its a few down now, its the one from Arundel Maine, all you have to do is click on it, I have pics posted w/ it. or just click on the pics from travelers, right under the name Sea Captain, it will bring up all the pics people have sent in. I am not sure about the construction, there was none right there, I dont think there is any right there, the way Sea Captain is situated, you wouldnt even know that paradise is right behind there, its a great location, very private to, the rooms are so clean and nice, the dock area was my sons fav. place to be. There is one lady that works in the office that could actually be a little more pleasant, but the other 2 make up for her, Pat, was so great!!!! very very nice and went out of her way for us alot, not that we were demanding, she just helped my husband find golf courses. One morning they were out of donuts and I had said, Oh my 3 year ols loved the chocolate ones, well, she came right to our door later w/ 2 chocolate donuts!! Things like that make a difference in your stay!!! Hope this helped!! We are booked back there for October!!!! cant wait!!!