We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

is 260++ per night in mid June a ok rate for this hotel. is it cheap/expensive? also any tips for discounts or better rates.

thanks

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

I have never stayed there. But have browsed the rates at times just being curious. That is about the normal rate. June is in low season, so it would probably be even higher in the busier Winter season.

I think it is a little more expensive than the Sandpearl Resort, and should be more than the Hilton also. The Sandpearl, and Hyatt are in a league of their own on Clearwater Beach. They are the two nicest, and the Hyatt is the newest of the two, and is in a great location.

So, if that is in your budget, I am sure you will be happy with it

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

thanks.... how come June is a low season. isn't it summer and vacation time. everywhere I am booking in states (new york, boston, orlando, miami, key west San Francisco etc) they say rates are higher cuz it's the mid peak period.

why is a low season in Clearwater? is it that water is dirty at this time or weather not right? I have already booked n worried now!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

It's low season because everyone wants to come to Florida in the Winter time - November to March - which is our "high" season.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

Right. In the Winter, everyone wants to head South where it's not as cold. Good time to visit. It is hot and humid, but the seabreeze keeps the beaches cooled down a little. Good chance of rain in the afternoon in the summer. But, it only usually lasts and hour or so, then it's sunny again. Good time to visit I think !!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

is there any water sports aat Clearwater beach and what is a typical cost for jetski etc? also is it going to be very dull during this off peak time n how is water at this time, clean? I like beach atmosphere more then the beach itself....will the area have a beachy atmosphere with street cafe etc?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

Not dull at all ... there'll be families who are on Summer vacation. Water will be very warm (almost like, as we say, bath water). And there will be many opportunities for all kinds of water sports. But I don't know the costs.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

Slow season because it's so hot outside in the summer : ) The "snow birds" (those who live up north 6 months and live in FL 6 months) come down when it's cooler. Generally the high season in FL starts around Thanksgiving which is the end of November and ends sometime around Easter which is a varying time in the Spring.

Don't worry there will be plenty to do on Clearwater Beach in the summer. I lived about 2 miles from Clearwater Beach for 5 years. That was over 10 yrs ago and I still miss it because of how many fun restaurants and bars there were. Casual, relaxing not rowdy, and the beaches are beautiful. Enjoy your trip!

uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

hi

try holdayinnsunspree.com, great room - in the tower- about $100 a night!

or go to IHS.com and add yourself as a friend and get discount crowne plaze rooms!

I have stayed at the HI 2x and both times were great. private beach, kids club, great views of dolphins and stuff - would recommend to anyone!

happy hunting

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

We have stayed at the Hyatt at Clearwater Beach and absolutely love it. My suggestion is to use Priceline and bid on it. If you select the Clearwater Beach area and the 4 star selection under the Name Your Price category then you are bidding on the Hyatt because it is the only hotel in Clearwater Beach with a 4 star rating. We have gotten it for as low as $89/night before but on an average for around $150/night using the Priceline Name Your Own Price tool.

Regardless, it is well worth the money and I would highly highly recommend this hotel. We have also stayed at the Hilton on Clearwater Beach which is a 3 1/2 star and I would recommend that as a little less pricey option. They are both right on the beach, have great service and onsite dining. The Hyatt pool, rooms, amenities and service blows any other hotel away on Clearwater Beach. Hope this helps.

10. Re: hyatt regency Clearwater beach rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 30, 2013