We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater or St Pete Beach

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clearwater or St Pete Beach

Hi

Visiting in Aug. Looking at Sandpearl or Hyatt in Clearwater or Tradewinds in St Pete. Have 2 10 year olds looking for fun at pool whilst parents relax. Any suggestions on differences between the 3 hotels and/or locations

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

If the kids enjoying the pool is a priority, my guess is the kids will like the pools at the Tradewinds much more than the Hyatt or Sandpearl. They also have a 'waterpark' just off shore with slides into the water, rafts etc that kids love, and a kids club with activities.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

Thanks markBee sounds like a good place.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

Thanks markBee sounds like a good place.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

Yes, I would pick the Tradewinds over the other two for the children.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

Personally, i would avoid the Tradewinds like the plague. Stayed for 4 nights couple of years ago and had no end of problems. Pool areas are far too small and overcrowded, and was constantly having to watch the kids...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

I've stayed at the Tradewinds Island Grand a few times when my kids were younger (see review). The pools do tend to get a little crowded, but there are beach activites for extra $$. The Sandpearl is a higher class resort IMO. It really depends on your taste & what you're looking for.

Have you ever considered the Pink Shell in Ft. Myers? Great pool there that my kids love, but that get's crowded around the weekends. Much nicer Monday thru Wednesday.

7. Re: Clearwater or St Pete Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 22, 2013