We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel question

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
New hotel question

When I was in Clearwater Beach last October I saw building work being undertaken on a new hotel, close to the Hyatt Regency. Was it a Travelodge and, if so, is it open yet? Thank you.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel question

I think it will be a Holiday Express and they were working very hard on it-might be getting close to opening now.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel question

Wow - a response in two minutes! Is that a record? Thank you very much Beermonger.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel question

I have not heard of an opening date, but as beer said, It looks to be getting pretty close. I would guess sometime in the next 1-3 months (Not that I am well educated in the construction business)

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel question

Hi,

I am wondering how close this new hotel is to the Travelodge? That is the only place I know, well besides pier 60.

Thanks

Liz

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotel question

The new hotel is closer to the pier than the Travelodge. It is directly south of the marina, between the Sea Captain Resort, and Coronado Dr.

It is on the east side of Coronado Drive, just south of the marina.

About a 8-10 min walk to the Travelodge.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotel question

I would have to look on the map for that. I saw a good one that is for parking, but it is not far from Travelodge anyway.

Thanks

Liz

Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotel question

Does anyone have an update on when the new hotel will be open? I want to keep an eye just in case there are some great opening offers. Thank you.

Cardi 1

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New hotel question

Sorry, but I have not heard anything, and haven't been by it too recently to see the progress.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New hotel question

Thanks MarkBee,

I am sure you would have heard if the opening was imminent,

Cardi 1

Omaha, Nebraska
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: New hotel question

I have looked everywhere I can think of for information on this new hotel.. Why am I unable to find any information on a name or opening date? I have been to local news sites, local newspapers, the Chamber of Commerce, tourist sites, etc.