We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Car?

Hi

If I fly into Tampa to visit Clearwater, will I need to rent a car, or can I get by without one? I plan to come for a weekend and mostly hang out at the beach. Maybe visit the aquarium.

Thanks!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car?

hi, one more question!

Is Barefoot Bay within walking distance to the beach?

thank you!

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte, Matthews
Level Contributor
854 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car?

I haven't been to Clearwater, yet, but I am coming the 1st week in June and rented a room at Barefoot Bay. From the replies I have gotten back on this forum, what I hear is it is a short 2 block walk to beach, and also w/ in walking distance to many restaurants, the pier, marina, etc. Clearwater also has a trolley that runs up and down the coast. We will have a car since we are driving in from NC, but hopefully I won't have to use it much!

Have fun!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car?

How are you getting from Tampa airport to Clearwater? (taxi, friend) If transportation too Clearwater is set then I would say everything in clearwater beach is walking distance.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car?

if I dont rent a car, then I'd get there by taxi. Is it far? Expensive?

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car?

A taxi to Clearwater Beach will be around $35-$45 dollars.

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car?

You could take the limo service (shared ride) for about $17.00.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car?

Great, thank you everyone for your help! I think I will skip renting a car and save myself the cash! :)

moncton
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Car?

Been going to clearwater beach for about 25 years now and if you plan and on busch gardens or some kind of excursion you can always rent a car for the day. Otherwise we pick ourselves a bus pass for like $13 for the week, likely higher now that last year and these always the Jolly Trolly for a buck.

Thanks