We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NYC
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1st Time Family trip ?'s

I will be taking my wife and daughter ( 8 yr old) to Clearwater beach this April right after easter. We plan to stay at the Hilton. Is there anything i "MUST" do or see while there. In addition to the beach.

Thanks

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

Hi, We went to Clearwater Beach in October, I have to say, we had a blast in Capt. Memo's pirate ship. We have 2 kids ages 10 and 3 1/2 and also my parents went, everyone of us got off that ship saying what a fun time we had!!! Of course we rented waverunners to, that was alot of fun, did the little dolphin boat tour, was ok. Hope this helped a little.

NYC
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

How do I find out more info about this pirate ship?

Thanks

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

www.captainmemo.com

you pay one price, get soda, wine, or beer, as much as you want the whole trip which is about 2 hours, they involve the adults in the activities also, with great music, had me and my husband dancing!!!!! (with a little help from the beer) haha, it was fun, we are going back to clearwater beach again this October, and that will be our first excursion. We stayed at the Sea Captain Resort, right around the corner from the marina where all these boat trips take off. Cheryl

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

If your daughter is a nature-lover, take her to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium (www.cmaquarium.org). It is not large, but will give her an up-close look at several marine creatures. There is an admission fee. Also, try the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary in Indian Shores, 15 minutes southof Clearwater. It's a bird hospital on the beach, and admission is free, although donations are encouraged.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

brunsfhg: One obvious suggestion would be to spend at least one entire day enjoying the beach. The powder-white sand is pretty hard to beat. My daughter loved building sand castles and the last time we were out there was a water slide setup near pier 60 that my son wore himself out on.

luvtovacation: Where did you find jetskis for rent and how much did it cost, for how long?

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

phat b, we rented them right at the marina area, they were 75.00 a piece for an hour I believe, but we rented 2 and got them for 65.oo a piece. An hour doesnt seem like long, but when your out there, its plenty, at the end of the hour I was ready to come in, good workout to!!!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

Cool, thanks. We looked around the marina a bit last time but must have missed them. We were a little tanked after our morning deep sea fishing excursion. :)

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

we were a little after our pirate ship excursion!! :-) My husband wanted to make sure he got his moneys worth..(all you can drink included) hehe.....

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

You've just made the pirate ship excursion sound a lot more attractive to me. :) I wish Clearwater had some all-inclusive resorts, the group we frequently vacation took the same mentality to the bars at the RIU in Jamaica. The morning ritual consisted of breakfast at the a.y.c.e. buffet, and then someone from the group was tasked with finding out what the drink special of the day was while the others got into their swim attire. Mai Tais @ 9:30 AM on the beach could only happen on vacation, right?

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Time Family trip ?'s

phat b, only on vacation!!!!! Thats what they are for!!! not to sound like a lush, but its open bar very early when your laying out by the pool...beach...hehe. We honeymooned in Jamaica, sandals, montego bay, 13 years ago, and let me tell you, the all inclusive is the way to go!!!! There is no "clock" to let you know that its proper to drink after 12:00 noon, haha!!!!!!! Are you planning on going back to Clearwater this year? We are heading back in October again.