We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jolly trolley

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
jolly trolley

how far north does the jolly trolley run? does anyone have a link to a map? we r going to be at acacia and mandalay will it reach us. or whats the closest cross street it will stop to us?

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jolly trolley

It goes up to the Regatta Beach Club if I remember correctly. You are on the route. I stayed very near where you are staying and I rode it every day. All along the avenue you will see the jolley stops. It stops every block.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jolly trolley

I'm not sure about the Jolley Trolley, but the Beach Trolley does go that far North. It's the end of the road though, from there it turns and heads South again, but does go to the Acacia circle.

Map: psta.net/New%20bus%20schedule%20PDF/trolley.…

Hopefully someone will know how far North the Jolley Trolley goes.

I did find this route map for the Jolley, but it doesn't display for me for some reason, hopefully it will for you and have the info

www.clearwaterbeachinfo.com/trolley.php

The Jolley Trolley is run by the city, and just serves Sand Key, Clearwater Beach, Island Estates and connects to the county wide system in downtown.

The Beach Trolley, is run by the county, and goes from Clearwater Beach all the way South to St. Pete Beach.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jolly trolley

thanks guys for the info!

Massachusetts
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: jolly trolley

Hello...we are coming to Clearwater Beach and were wondering if the Jolley Trolley or the Beach Trolley services most of the restaurants mentioned in the other posts such as Frenchy's, the Palm Pavilion, and some of the other outdoor places. We think we'll stay at the SandPearl, so we may even be within walking distance to some off-resort restaurants? We do not want to rent a car unless we have to do so. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Also, is the Aquarium and the miniature golf place on the Trolley routes? Again, many thanks.

Massachusetts
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: jolly trolley

Hello...we are coming to Clearwater Beach and were wondering if the Jolley Trolley or the Beach Trolley services most of the restaurants mentioned in the other posts such as Frenchy's, the Palm Pavilion, and some of the other outdoor places. We think we'll stay at the SandPearl, so we may even be within walking distance to some off-resort restaurants? We do not want to rent a car unless we have to do so. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Also, is the Aquarium and the miniature golf place on the Trolley routes? Again, many thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jolly trolley

You will be able to get all over the beach on the trolley. To all the places you mentioned.

From the Sandpearl, it's a pretty easy walk to Frenchy's Original Cafe, and Frenchy's Rockaway Grill (The one on the beach). Palm Pavilion is only a minute farther walk than the Rockaway.

The aquarium is on Island Estates which is served by the trolley (would be quite a walk from the Sandpearl, but is walkable).

Captain Bligh's Putt-Putt golf is on the trolley route. It is on the South side of the beach, Sandpearl is on the North, so, it is walkable, but would be a bit of a walk.

Clearwater beach is an area where a car is really not needed. Walk to alot, and if something is farther than you want to walk, hop on the trolley. It goes all the way South to St. Pete Beach.

Massachusetts
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: jolly trolley

Thanks so much...you've been a great help! Have a good day.

England
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jolly trolley

To clarify the trolley situation ('cos I didn't understand it too well before we visited recently), the Jolley Trolley serves the Clearwater Beach areas, Island Estates and Downtown Clearwater area; the Suncoast Trolley runs from downtown Clearwater across to Clearwater Beach at Pier 60 then turns south and travels all the way down to Pass-A-Grille before it returns along the same route. The Jolley Trolley runs about every 20 minutes and the Suncoast every half hour. There are plenty of stops for both trollies and the drivers are all very helpful, some of them quite amusing and very friendly. Highly recommended!

9. Re: jolly trolley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 21, 2010