We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillies spring training

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Phillies spring training

What can anyone tell me about the spring training areas? Where do they practice? Is it accessable to anyone? where do we get tickets? any insiders tips? thanks

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Phillies spring training

You can get tickets. Check out http://www.threshersbaseball.com/

Very near the stadium (in order of closeness) are a LaQuinta Inn, Hampton Inn, Motel6, Holiday Inn Express.

NE PHILLY
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Phillies spring training

Need information on Phillies training too.

Want to fly into Tampa and stay in Ybor City.

Is this the way to go? Ybor City has great nightlife and I'd rather not drink and drive. So, thought I'd drive to the spring training and then be off at night for food and fun on foot.

Any better thoughts about airports to fly into and places to stay with nightlife?

Thanks,

Rich

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Phillies spring training

Tampa airport(TPA) is right between Ybor and Clearwater where the Phillies are. Ybor is the party area of Tampa. There are a couple newer hotels in Ybor, I think one is a Hampton Inn but not sure, check the Tampa forum for better info on hotels. Any downtown Tampa hotel also would be pretty close to Ybor.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Phillies spring training

You actually might not want to drive FROM the games! There's a Tiki Bar in left field that stays open well after the last out. It is the best time ever, and I am far from capable driving every time I leave the stadium!

We usually stay by the stadium and cab it out to Clearwater Beach for a couple nights and Ybor maybe a night or two. There's a lot of us though so it makes cab travel affordable.

Have fun!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Phillies spring training

kksummergirl. I havent been to Legends but that bar does sound like fun!!

If you can recall and don't mind me asking, how much about, is a cab from Legends Field to Clearwater Beach?

Philly
1 post
6. Re: Phillies spring training

I'm also planning my first trip to Phillies spring training. I really don't want to rent a car, if I can avoid it. Is it possible to get around on public transport? Where would be the best place to stay without a car? I want to be able to get to the Phillies games and to the beach.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Phillies spring training

Public transportation here leaves a whole lot to be desired. There are a few hotels that are in walking distance of Bright House Networks Field. These are in Clearwater near US19 and Drew St where the stadium is. LaQuinta, Hampton Inn. These two are the closest, I guess about a 10 minute walk. Add another 5-10 minutes for Motel6 (older but recent redo) and Holiday Inn Express which is the newest hotel of these, but the farthest walk. Accross US19, about 15-20 min walk is Radisson Clearwater Central. You could reach the field and a couple restaurants from walking from these hotels. The beach is too far to walk, would be about $25 in a cab (just a guess I don't use cabs too often) Weekends will add some time and $$ to the drive to the beaches. You could take a public bus www.PSTA.net but, it would probably take you a couple hours to do the 20 minute drive to the beach.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Phillies spring training

The Tiki Bar is actually at Brighthouse Networks Field. How dare you think I'm a Yankees fan! Lol!

We stayed at the Radisson that Markbee mentioned last year and it was convenient. Crossing that highway can get a little bit tricky, but we loved being right by the stadium. We rented a car and used it a total of three times. Once to drive from the airport to the hotel, once to make a quick run to the SuperTarget up the street and once to drive from the hotel to the airport. Again, cabs were affordable because we always had a group of us going out in Clearwater Beach. I'm not sure how many people you'll be with, but if you're down for an extended period of time and you plan on leaving the stadium area frequently, cab fare could definitely add up.

We booked early and we're staying at the Hampton Inn this year, no more playing Frogger in traffic for us!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Phillies spring training

Oh, sorry about my misunderstanding where the bar was. Didn't mean to insult you by thinking you went to Yankees games!!! LOL. The walk will be alot better from the Hampton. Not sure if it was there last year or not yet, but a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant/bar opened at the NW corner of US19 and Drew St (where the 'Old Chicago' restaurant was). I haven't been there yet but want to check it out soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Phillies spring training

Is it necessary to buy tickets in advance or do most spring training games have tickets available at the game?

Thanks