We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in july

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in july

we have been to florida from the uk numerous times but only in november when the weather is great....my sister is thinking of getting married at clearwater but can only travel in july due to her husbands holidays from work....there will be a large amount of kids with us ranging from age 5 upwards...is it too hot at this time of year for the kids to withstand as dont wan t it to ruin the holiday?

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in july

It depends on the person..........

For me it is horrible in July - it's the humidity which I hate and not so much the temperature. I cannot think of anything worse than wearing a suit in July - I would be dripping!!!

Maybe you are cool with the humidity though?!

Nick

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in july

Agree. The only thing worse than a July summer day is an August summer day. It will be hot and uncomfortable with a great chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. The humidity can be quite unbearable. If it's the only time you can visit I would recommend light summer dresses for the ladies and linen suits for the men, something that will breathe. At least you'll only have to be dressed for the wedding/reception itself; everyplace else around here (minus the really fancy places) goes for shorts. I think children can tolerate heat a bit better (didn't seem to bother me as much when I was a kid as it does now).

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in july

I also agree; Yes it's It's like a sauna, swimming in the Gulf of Mexico is more like taking a warm bath. The pool & various beach activities like parasailing & boating can keep your mind off the heat, Try to avoid the hottest parts of the day outside like from 1-4 PM. Wearing light white airy clothing seems to help also.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in july

Hot and very humid with regular afternoon thunderstorms, albeit short. Being on the coast is better than inland with sea breeze etc.

Friends of ours went this July with two kids ( 6 and 8 ). They faired better than the parents.

Like you we think November is the best time to go.

5. Re: weather in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 07, 2009